You are still loved by God!

  • rudy meier <oltener@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18 6:35 PM
      I am 76, and married. I am also an Anglican priest. Both my marriage
      and my becoming a clergyman were attempts to desperatly try to
      be "normal". Believe me it has not worked, but God has opened another
      door. It took a while, but now I am out to my wife and I have made it
      my mission to fight homophobia from within. It is a difficult job to
      convince people that God as the creator as created all of us just the
      way we are. I also remind them that we no longer stone adulteresses
      as prescribed in the Mosaic code. We have given up on the justice
      provisions of the same code and we no longer eat Kosher food. Then
      why single out gays and lesbians, as there at least is no edict
      against women to women love. What we are fighting is long standing
      prejudice. Remember that in Nazi Germany gays suffered the same fate
      as jews, and where I originally was born and lived, to be a gay was
      condidered a mental illness and when caught in a sex act the charge
      was sodomy and a time in a penitentiary. So you supressed your
      sexuality, but eventually you had to face it. For me it came when I
      was 65. Are you born gay? Idon't doubt it. Learn to live with it in
      the knowledge that God still loves you or as an old cartoon says "
      God made no junk."
    • Life Coach
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18 10:44 PM

        Hi Rudi

        Thanks for sharing……..I thought I was a late bloomer.  I accepted the truth that I was gay when I turned 41.

        Are you and your wife still together?

        "The Bible has 7 admonitions that allude to sexual behaviour and intimate relations between persons of the same gender, however the Bible also has more than 300 admonitions that specifically refer to sexual behaviour and intimate relations between members of opposite genders. Does this mean that God hates heterosexuals?

        NO ... certainly not! It just means that heterosexuals need far more supervision."

        " Coming Out is spiritually cleansing.  Harvey Milk of San Francisco was the first openly gay elected official in the United States in 1978.  Harvey repeatedly said: “Come out, and when you do, you will feel so much better.”  Before he was assassinated in 1979, Harvey predicted that he would be murdered, but he said that he would gladly take a bullet if it would blast open all of the closet doors that trap and imprison gay people.  You will feel better about yourself and you will see yourself and the whole world as a more beautiful place when you come out.

        Coming Out is liberation from a host of unclean spirits.  Homosexuality is not demonic, but homophobia is.  Coming Out is an exorcism of the destructive forces that deceive you into believing evil things and rejecting yourself and your own reality.

        Coming Out is an act of God in your life, whatever your view of God might be.  God is always seen in Christian perspective as Truth.  Remember that Jesus said: “You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free;” and added: “I am the truth.”

        “Homosexuality is actually a privileged spiritual path and natural mode of human expression that our Souls have chosen in order to help us discover the true power and magnificence of our Authentic Selves“.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19 12:17 PM

          Yes, Anthony, we are still together. We just celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary, and my wife Judy is just as determined to end discrimination against gays and lesbians as I am. Keep up the work, and we will succeed.

          In Christ                    Rudy

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Life Coach
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 19 9:47 PM

            It may be a little presumptuous of me to ask Rudy but how does that work?  Is it companionship that you now have……a fondness and respect for each other…….. I’m just interested to see how it works for you.

            I thought about that option but decided it wouldn’t work for me.

            Anthony V-B