New member

  • the_magic_healer <tmcusa.geo@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 12, 2002
      Hi, I thought that I would join this group. It looks interesting.
    • Life Coach
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 13, 2002

        Welcome magic healer.  Sorry about the delay in getting your message through.

        Its been pretty quiet in the group lately.  Why don’t you tell us a little about yourself and why you find this group interesting and that might get some more activity japanning.

        "The Bible has 7 admonitions that allude to sexual behaviour and intimate relations between persons of the same gender, however the Bible also has more than 300 admonitions that specifically refer to sexual behaviour and intimate relations between members of opposite genders. Does this mean that God hates heterosexuals?

        NO ... certainly not! It just means that heterosexuals need far more supervision."

        " Coming Out is spiritually cleansing.  Harvey Milk of San Francisco was the first openly gay elected official in the United States in 1978.  Harvey repeatedly said: “Come out, and when you do, you will feel so much better.”  Before he was assassinated in 1979, Harvey predicted that he would be murdered, but he said that he would gladly take a bullet if it would blast open all of the closet doors that trap and imprison gay people.  You will feel better about yourself and you will see yourself and the whole world as a more beautiful place when you come out.

        Coming Out is liberation from a host of unclean spirits.  Homosexuality is not demonic, but homophobia is.  Coming Out is an exorcism of the destructive forces that deceive you into believing evil things and rejecting yourself and your own reality.

        Coming Out is an act of God in your life, whatever your view of God might be.  God is always seen in Christian perspective as Truth.  Remember that Jesus said: “You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free;” and added: “I am the truth.”

        “Homosexuality is actually a privileged spiritual path and natural mode of human expression that our Souls have chosen in order to help us discover the true power and magnificence of our Authentic Selves“.

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 18, 2005
          I was invited to this site today. I dont know if anyone can help me
          but support is always welcome. I just moved home after 4 years of
          being on my own. I joined the marine corps got out and married a
          woman. Of course that was the reson i got out of the corps. SO after
          4
          years of living the lesbian lifestyle and loving it i always felt
          like
          something was missing. My faith has always led me threw tough
          situations and i dont know if my lifestyle conflicts with God. I
          figured if i was wrong God would leave me, but then i know that he
          doesn't leave anyone who is his child. Being home is different my
          home
          is my church group and i am in the heard of the Bible Belt, JAX AR,
          but i still haave the desire for female companionship, will that ever
          go away?

          Z~
        • Anthony Venn-Brown Personal Coach
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 18, 2005
            Welcome Z.....I'm glad you found us.

            To answer some of your questions simply.......there is no conflict of your
            sexual orientation and your relationship with God except that ones that you
            create. For all of us here we have had or are still working out the
            conflict. Some have been able to resolve it through this group.

            If you are same sex attracted that never changes.....you have to work out
            how to live that out.

            If you are in the bible belt I take it you come from a fundamentalist
            background.

            In our links section of the group. ......left hand column you'll find some
            articles that will give you the info in detail.....have a read and please
            feel free to ask any questions that are in your mind.

            My sexual orientation is not a sickness to be healed or a sin to be
            forgiven. My sexual orientation is a gift from my Creator to be accepted,
            celebrated, and lived with integrity.

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Korry Korry
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 18, 2005
              --- Anthony Venn-Brown Personal Coach
              > If you are same sex attracted that never
              > changes.....you have to work out
              > how to live that out.

              Hola Z,

              I am not a lesbian, much less a woman. However, I will
              admit that I have observed a major difference between
              how men and women evolve sexually, in that I have
              never met, in person that is, any "former" gay men,
              but I have known quite a number of women who have
              evolved from lesbian-to-straight, and in some cases
              from straight-to-lesbian, and some who just think of
              themselves as bi.

              For the women I�ve known who change from
              lesbian-to-straight, they don�t go on a
              God�s-pissed-I�m-going-to-burn guilt trip, with lots
              of prayer and counseling...all too often that change
              just seems to happen of its own accord, sort of like
              what happened to Anne Heche and Julie Cypher.

              I have a good friend who was lesbian when we met,
              then she fell for me (and quite hard, I must add) and
              for a long time she was "korrysexual," in that I
              became the EXCLUSIVE focus of her sexual and romantic
              fantasies -- and that�s as creepy and codependent as
              that sounds. Thankfully she got over that, and now
              she�s mostly straight with occasional same-sex
              longings.

              My own feeling is that God doesn�t care whom you are
              attracted to, just well you love yourself and your
              partner.

              K3

            • braden rico
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 18, 2005

                ......how well you love yourself and your partner. That, indeed, is a challenge. Everything we need to know and to do is encapsulated in this phrase.

                Braden Rico
                >From: Korry Korry <korrykorrykoan@...> >Reply-To: Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com >To: Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [Exex-gay] RE: New member >Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:10:27 -0800 (PST) > > > >--- Anthony Venn-Brown Personal Coach > > If you are same sex attracted that never > > changes.....you have to work out > > how to live that out. > >Hola Z, > >I am not a lesbian, much less a woman. However, I will >admit that I have observed a major difference between >how men and women evolve sexually, in that I have >never met, in person that is, any "former" gay men, >but I have known quite a number of women who have >evolved from lesbian-to-straight, and in some cases >from straight-to-lesbian, and some who just think of >themselves as bi. > >For the women I�ve known who change from >lesbian-to-straight, they don�t go on a >God�s-pissed-I�m-going-to-burn guilt trip, with lots >of prayer and counseling...all too often that change >just seems to happen of its own accord, sort of like >what happened to Anne Heche and Julie Cypher. > >I have a good friend who was lesbian when we met, >then she fell for me (and quite hard, I must add) and >for a long time she was "korrysexual," in that I >became the EXCLUSIVE focus of her sexual and romantic >fantasies -- and that�s as creepy and codependent as >that sounds. Thankfully she got over that, and now >she�s mostly straight with occasional same-sex >longings. > >My own feeling is that God doesn�t care whom you are >attracted to, just well you love yourself and your >partner. > >K3 > > > > > >__________________________________ >Do you Yahoo!? >Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site! >http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/ > > >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> >What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? >Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! >http://us.click.yahoo.com/WwRTUD/SOnJAA/i1hLAA/4bWolB/TM >--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > ><*> To visit your group on the web, go to: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Exex-gay/ > ><*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > Exex-gay-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > ><*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > >

                Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE!
              • braden rico
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 20, 2005

                  Dear Z:

                     Give yourself time to grow. It is a huge step to leave the fundamentalist mindset behind you. It's a process that can take years. I was in the Seventh-day Adventist church for many years, so believe me when I say I know what you are going through. I hve also lived in the bible belt, both in Canada and in the United States. I guess I'd have to say the bible belt in the U.S.A. is a lot 'tighter' then the Canadian belt!

                   I suggest taking your time. You don't have to run around waving gay flags in people's faces. Read a lot. There is a great deal of very good information on the internet. You might start with the excellent website, www.whomsoeverbelieves.com. I think that is it, but I could be wrong. If it doesn't open for you let me know and I will check into it for you. I like this site because the creator of it has thorough looked into the theological questions about sexual identity and answers many questions sent in to her from fundamentalists. Once you begin to formulate the answer to these many questions for yourself and in your own way and words, the power fundamentalists hold over you will diminish. At least that was my experience.

                    As far as the question about your orientation goes or if your desire to be with women will ever change, nobody but yourself can know the answer to that.

                  Good luck. Don't give up. And don't let the fundies dog you down!

                  Braden Rico
                  >From: "Z" <hackgirl00@...> >Reply-To: Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com >To: Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [Exex-gay] New member >Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:06:37 -0000 > > >I was invited to this site today. I dont know if anyone can help me >but support is always welcome. I just moved home after 4 years of >being on my own. I joined the marine corps got out and married a >woman. Of course that was the reson i got out of the corps. SO after >4 >years of living the lesbian lifestyle and loving it i always felt >like >something was missing. My faith has always led me threw tough >situations and i dont know if my lifestyle conflicts with God. I >figured if i was wrong God would leave me, but then i know that he >doesn't leave anyone who is his child. Being home is different my >home >is my church group and i am in the heard of the Bible Belt, JAX AR, >but i still haave the desire for female companionship, will that ever >go away? > >Z~ > > >

                  Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE!
                • Aixa Zaldivar
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 20, 2005
                    Sup,

                    Well, it is the opposite i have been waving the pride
                    flag around every where i went it's on my car along
                    with the USMC letters IN RAINBOW!!!!! My concern is
                    not with my orientation but with my faith. How does it
                    fit in, Does it fit in and if not what do i do about
                    it. I have gained alot of peace in the last week but
                    i have a long way to go. I found when i talk about it
                    and listen i get the answers i need. The thing is i
                    have to figure what the right questions are in order
                    to get the answers i need. Thanks all for the support.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 21, 2005
                      Sounds to me like you are on the right path Z and using the right
                      techniques.

                      How does it fit in? I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

                      I've redefined my beliefs....others here still have them totally in tact. I
                      think you have to find what works for you.

                      The bottom line I feel is living a life of integrity....and that's not for
                      me to decide or anyone else for you......only you can be true to yourself.

                      Anthony Venn-Brown
                      Accredited Life & Business Coach (ACC ICF)
                      Director of Training & Development
                      Personal Success Australia
                      Tel: 02 9699 2448 Mobile: 0416 015 231
                      anthony.venn-brown@...
                      www.anthonyvennbrown.com
                      I assist people on their journey of self discovery, personal empowerment and
                      creating the life of their dreams.

                      Coaching works for those who want to BE MORE, DO MORE and HAVE MORE.

                      To book a complimentary one hour consultation click here.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 21, 2005
                        --- In Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com, Aixa Zaldivar <hackgirl00@y...>
                        wrote:

                        > Sup,
                        >
                        > Well, it is the opposite i have been waving the pride
                        > flag around every where i went it's on my car along
                        > with the USMC letters IN RAINBOW!!!!! My concern is
                        > not with my orientation but with my faith. How does it
                        > fit in, Does it fit in and if not what do i do about
                        > it. I have gained alot of peace in the last week but
                        > i have a long way to go. I found when i talk about it
                        > and listen i get the answers i need. The thing is i
                        > have to figure what the right questions are in order
                        > to get the answers i need. Thanks all for the support.
                        >
                        > Z~

                        I wonder if one question might not be:

                        "Is being a GBLT christian any different from being a heterosexual
                        christian?"

                        A simplistic answer would be "NO", since to be a Christian means to
                        be a follower of Jesus.

                        If we trust what Jesus had to say about who is "His", and who "is
                        not", who are "sheep", and who are "goats", the answer is still :NO:.

                        And yet, if we ask this question on the basis on how we act out
                        sexuality, I have to admit that I become unsure..because in the Gospels,
                        Jesus seems, to me, to be silent....

                        Just my 2 cents at the mom ent.

                        Ninure
                      • Anthony Venn-Brown Personal Coach
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 21, 2005
                          Hi Ninure

                          I think that finding out how to live your sexualtiy out as a christian is a
                          matter of trial and error........working a having a clear conscince before
                          God.......and not deceiving myself. I have to find some boundaries by
                          stepping over them first.

                          Two things that help guide me are respect....ie for myself and the other
                          person.......and personal responsibilty. Those two things help me make the
                          right decsions for me.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 4, 2006
                            Hi, I'm pleased to find some support for those who are gay, lesbian,
                            bi and CHRISTIAN. I feel quite isolated from local churches (despair
                            of them really) and recently found another guy who is in the same
                            situation. We both miss fellowship and I thought it might be an
                            opportunity to find others (now I think there must be) around. I
                            wonder if you are from UK and interested in joining others on-line and
                            eventually meeting up? May I offer the opportunity for you to check
                            my group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/christianandgay4u/ and would
                            welcome any comment. Really it is for UK only I think. John in
                            Dorset.
                          • Yowee The Jew
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 5, 2006
                              Welcome John to the group. I hope you will find it to be as refreshing
                              as I have.

                              Yowee

                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 5, 2006

                                All the best with the group John …….you my also be interested in www.freedom2b.org we have a couple of guys from the UK there as well.