Leaving the group

  • Eileen Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
      Hello all,

      It is with great sadness in my heart that I am unsubscribing from this
      list. While this group has the potential to be a great source of
      support and comfort for those who are struggling with, and have found
      peace with, their sexuality and their spirituality, I believe that the
      group has lost it's focus. Recent postings and the spiteful,
      downright mean tenor of the messages will attest to this fact.

      You are all in my prayers.

      Eileen
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2001

        I’m sorry to see Eileen go as she has often made valuable contributions to the group.  It was a shame a couple of people posted inappropriate material but now all messages are moderated that shouldn’t happen again.

        It seems that the group is quiet till some new person comes along and gets things going again. Maybe that’s the way things will work here and be an encouragement for people still coming to grips with the issues.

        We have had quite a number of new people join us lately but no-one seems to want to say hi or introduce themselves.

        Now’s your chance.

        http://www.yahoo.com/group/Exex-gay

        "There is the illusion that homosexuals only have sex and heterosexuals fall in love..  Boy George"