Re: [Exex-gay] AUTO HYPNOSIS FOR SSA

  • Erny
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2001
      Over the past few days I have read and re-read this post. It has been
      all I could do not to respond and I decided that I won't be silenced by
      anyone for any purpose. When I have worked through hypnosis for other
      matters it simply did not work. There are key words, phrases and sentences
      in this post that bother me terribly. So...let's continue.

      > I even downloaded a book where the author
      > promises to produce a 180 degree change in your sexual orientation,
      > he says that you have to change your meta programs in your mind
      > (inner dialog)

      When the word "promises" pops up, I can not sit back and let that fly by me.
      I must trust an individual with, everything that I have, to accept any type
      of promise from him/her. I do not trust total strangers with "potions" that
      are not proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. As anyone on this list
      knows...there are millions of self-help books on the market, all claiming
      for a cure to "produce a 180 degree change" on something. If you
      notice....most of these books are a fad and are dismissed within a few years
      after they have appeared. Why? Because they simply do not work.

      > he sees this change is possible as leaving smoking,
      > carbohydrates addiction or any other abnormality related to habits
      > and behaviors (software).

      Notice the phrase "change is 'possible'" and "habits and behaviors". Change
      of sexual orientation, I assure you, is not possible. For one it is not an
      "abnormality". Most of us on this list can attest to that, along with
      thousands, if not millions, of others for that matter. Sexual Orientation
      is NOT a series of "habits and behaviors". It is a part of our very fabric.
      The exact fabric that God created in us. No, no, NO! There is no habit or
      behavior to change when dealing with sexual orientation. What we chose to
      do with our sexual orientatioin (such as in lifestyle choices) is simply
      another matter, all together.

      > He says that he had experimented with gays
      > and that he have seen radical changes in their sexual orientation.

      Another word: "experimented". One does not "experiment" on me for any
      reason! I would not subject myself to it and am frightened for anyone who
      would allow it. I'm not some Lab Rat and would refuse to be part of an
      experimental process for this or any other reason. I would have to know the
      facts. And they would have to be justifiable facts that meet the criteria
      of scientific and "legitimate" psychological studies. And besides....what
      does "radical changes" insue? I don't see "complete change" mentioned here
      at all.

      > haven't read the book yet

      I sincerely wouldn't have waisted the disc space for it. There is simply
      nothing to fix.

      > but the technique is more or less the
      > typical hypnosis session. In this "auto" version you create your own
      > script message you want to write into your mind. You record a tape
      > and play it at nights before going to bed. You just relax, open your
      > mind and accept the message which is introduced slowly in your mind
      > at each session. The idea is to create a meta program at wich new
      > programs can be introduced, impacting also your inner dialog, so new
      > ideas and new perspectives show up based on the new accepted message.

      Simply another form of brainwashing, as I see it. And you know...in all
      humbleness, if I have to repeat a tape back and forth, night after night...I
      would certainly think more than once about this...because I would feel that
      I was tampering with God's creation of me. We are not talking a habit or
      behavior, here. Please remember that. We are talking about a fiber of our
      very soul.

      > I just want to ask the group if someone have tried this technique and
      > if you have benefited in some way, if this auto hypnosis can work for
      > our case or if it is just another trial and error experiment.

      I would suggest that this is another "trial and error" experiment. As you
      have stated above, that the Author of this program has "experimented" with
      Gays. He obviously has no proven facts. I simply am frightened that this
      would be a dead end conversion technique that would come back to haunt
      anyone who is trying his method. This results in low-self esteem, lack of
      self-assurance, major depressive episodes, and suicides...along with many
      other physical and psychological negative side effects. I have witnessed
      all of these scenarios personally and it is one of the saddest things that
      anyone can witness another go through. Let alone those who end up as their
      caretakers or pall bearers.

      > Please if you don't know, or you think that it is bad because it is
      > not aligned with yours values and moral, please do not submit any
      > comment, just keep it by yourself, if you personally have tested this
      > or some one you know did it, please share with us the results.

      The hypnosis idea is against my fiber and I will not be silenced on the
      matter. I have used it myself for other situations (stoping smoking,
      alcohol usage, etc.). What I have found is that it has not helped one bit
      "in the long run" - the "behavior and habits" still come back to haunt me.
      (remembering again that sexual orientation is not a behavior or habit) The
      other thing is...we end up depending on someone's voice (ours included) to
      do the work....instead of depending on the voice of God (as one perceives
      God to be). I assure you....I will listen to my inner voice...my God's
      voice...before I would ever listen to tapes running over and over in my head
      as an experimentation for someone elses selfish, unreliable, and
      yes...profitable reasons, at the expense of others lives.

      Also...I should interject that I am a follower of Jesus of Nazareth, the
      Messiah, and within the text of the Gospel accounts, Jesus said absolutely
      nothing about who I am, except to "accept" who I am.

      God Bless you too, Abraham,
      Erny
      "It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are
      not." - Andre' Gide
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 23, 2001

        Gooooooooooooooo Erny.  God  I love your passion and postings.

        The two questions I’d like to ask you Abraham coming from your post are…………do you want to change your sexual orientation?………and if the answer is yes.  WHY?

        http://www.yahoo.com/group/Exex-gay

        "There is the illusion that homosexuals only have sex and heterosexuals fall in love..  Boy George"