Gay in School - SBS discussion on TV last night.

  • edward d
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 3:59 PM
      On SBS*, an Australian national TV Network, their program, 'Insight'
      discussed the problems still associated with young GLBT people coming out in school.

      The program synopsis stated:

      "More and more kids are coming out in their teens. Tonight we look at how that's playing out in our schools.

      We'll talk to kids, parents and school representatives about everything from bullying to partners at school formals.

      And why in some states it's legal for private schools to expel kids who are gay.

      That's 7.30pm on SBS ONE. And don't forget about our live chat after the show."

      I was impressed with the young people - vocal and mature they stated their experiences well.

      If you missed it, you can see the broadcast online at:

      http://news.sbs.com.au/insight/episode/index/id/381#watchonline

      * The Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) is a national public broadcaster with a special mandate to reflect the multicultural nature of Australian society. SBS operates under the Special Broadcasting Service Act 1991 (SBS Act) and has a Board of Directors appointed by the Government.