Re: Seeking personal stories of ex-gay ministry experiences.

  • warrenhartley@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 14, 2011
      Hi Anthony,

      Yes I think it is my first posting to this. I've been following/lurking on this group for several years really. I fear I'm not very good at posting to groups and sharing my story but I'm just starting to be able to feel a bit more free in sharing some elements of it. Been a long slow process. I promised you I some years back I would put my story up on Freedom2b and I still haven't done that as sitting and writing even a short section can be so very difficult. I shall fulfil that promise one day though Anthony.

      Hope all is well and that you had a good birthday.

      Best wishes

      Warren

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 16, 2011

        Hey Warren…….I guess your experience once again reinforces just how deep the trauma can be……lasting for many years.

        The thing that drove me to tell my story and live through the trauma again and again whilst writing and editing was that I knew it had to be told and would help others like yourself……..and I didn’t want one single person to go through what I went through.

        Maybe that motivation of wanting to make a difference……and helping others will assist you when you are ready/

        Anthony Venn-Brown

        An Ambassador for the LGBT Community

        Author of 'A Life of Unlearning - A Journey to Find the Truth'

        Co-convenor of Freedom 2 b[e]

        Honoured to be on the 2007 & 2009 list of the  25 Most Influential Gay & Lesbian Australians