RE: [Exex-gay] Seeking personal stories of ex-gay ministry experiences.

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 6, 2011

      Sure Jan…..I guess we can do a skype call. How long do you anticipate the interview going for.

      Anthony Venn-Brown

      An Ambassador for the LGBT Community

      Author of 'A Life of Unlearning - A Journey to Find the Truth'

      Co-convenor of Freedom 2 b[e]

      Honoured to be on the 2007 & 2009 list of the  25 Most Influential Gay & Lesbian Australians

      Tel: + 61 (0)2 9699 2448  Mobile: +61 (0)416 015 231

      Blog: http://gayambassador.blogspot.com/

      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gayambassador

      Twitter https://twitter.com/gayambassador

      YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/gayambassador

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 6, 2011

        Hey Warren……good to hear from you.

        Hope all is well in your world.

        Anthony Venn-Brown

        Professional Coach, Speaker & LGBT Consultant

        Author of 'A Life of Unlearning - A Journey to Find the Truth'

        Convenor of Freedom 2 b[e]

        Honoured to be on the 2007 & 2009 list of the  25 Most Influential Gay & Lesbian Australians

        T: + 61 (0)2 9699 2448

        M: +61 (0)416 015 231

        E: anthony@...

        W: www.anthonyvennbrown.com

        This does sound like a very interesting project. I would be interested in hearing more about it and what might be involved. I live in the UK now, wondered if you were looking for people closer to Canada.

        Kind Regards

        Warren

        • bptimlin@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 6, 2011
            Thanks for your kind words....I am located in the State of MInnesota...United States of America.

            Blessings +++

            +William

            In a message dated 2/6/2011 6:34:30 A.M. Central Standard Time, anthony@... writes:

            That’s great William……good on you.

            Can I ask what country you are in.

            Anthony Venn-Brown

            Professional Coach, Speaker & LGBT Consultant

            Author of 'A Life of Unlearning - A Journey to Find the Truth'

            Convenor of Freedom 2 b[e]

            Honoured to be on the 2007 & 2009 list of the  25 Most Influential Gay & Lesbian Australians

            T: + 61 (0)2 9699 2448

            M: +61 (0)416 015 231

            E: anthony@...

            Hi...I disagree Anthony.  I volunteered to tell my story...I am nothing specila - there are many people out there just like me.  Its about time this type of research was done!

            Blessings +++

            +William

            YouTube< span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;"> Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/gayambassador

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 6, 2011
              Attachment failed!  Sorry - here is the consent form.

              Jan

              This does sound like a very interesting project. I would be interested in hearing more about it and what might be involved. I live in the UK now, wondered if you were looking for people closer to Canada.

              Kind Regards

              Warren

              --- In Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Venn-Brown" <anthony@...> wrote:

              > Hey Jan...welcome..it can be difficult getting people for this kind of
              > research from my experience...people that have left have often been
              > traumatized and down want to think about it let alone talk about it....hope
              > it goes well for you.
              >

              > Anthony Venn-Brown
              >
              > An Ambassador for the LGBT Community
              >
              > Author of <http://www.anthonyvennbrown.com/book.html> 'A Life of Unlearning
              > - A Journey to Find the Truth'
              >
              > Co-convenor of <http://www.freedom2b.org/> Freedom 2 b[e]
              >
              > Honoured to be on the 2007 & 2009 list of the
              > <http://www.samesame.com.au/25/2007/AnthonyVennBrown> 25 Most Influential
              > Gay & Lesbian Australians
              >
              > Tel: + 61 (0)2 9699 2448 Mobile: +61 (0)416 015 231
              >
              > Blog: <http://gayambassador.blogspot.com/>
              > http://gayambassador.blogspot.com/
              >
              > Facebook: <http://www.facebook.com/gayambassador>
              > http://www.facebook.com/gayambassador
              >
              > Twitter <https://twitter.com/gayambassador>
              > https://twitter.com/gayambassador
              >
              > YouTube Channel <http://www.youtube.com/user/gayambassador>
              > http://www.youtube.com/user/gayambassador
              >
              > Website: <http://lgbttraining.blogspot.com/>
              > http://lgbttraining.blogspot.com/

                [Attachment(s) from Jan Gelech included below]

                  Message 9 of 17 , Feb 6, 2011

                    Sorry…..I am a bit confused now. I believe that the research was about people who had attended ex-gay programs and thought you said

                    I volunteered to tell my story...I am nothing special - there are many people out there just like me.  Its about time this type of research was done!

                    ….am I missing something?

                  • warrenhartley@ymail.com
                    Message 10 of 17 , Mar 14, 2011
                      Hi Anthony,

                      Yes I think it is my first posting to this. I've been following/lurking on this group for several years really. I fear I'm not very good at posting to groups and sharing my story but I'm just starting to be able to feel a bit more free in sharing some elements of it. Been a long slow process. I promised you I some years back I would put my story up on Freedom2b and I still haven't done that as sitting and writing even a short section can be so very difficult. I shall fulfil that promise one day though Anthony.

                      Hope all is well and that you had a good birthday.

                      Best wishes

                      Message 11 of 17 , Mar 16, 2011

                        Hey Warren…….I guess your experience once again reinforces just how deep the trauma can be……lasting for many years.

                        The thing that drove me to tell my story and live through the trauma again and again whilst writing and editing was that I knew it had to be told and would help others like yourself……..and I didn’t want one single person to go through what I went through.

                        Maybe that motivation of wanting to make a difference……and helping others will assist you when you are ready/