RE: Hello and just looking around

  • astravi_torqueonex
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
      Just a place where I don't have to worry about being bi I suppose. I tried to join a group in my local area, but from the history it seems the group only gets one post a year. In Japan I could be out of the closet as none of it would get back to my family and church (the one I grew up in, very traditional thinking). I kind of hope we can go back overseas so I can more be myself, but I'm in the bible belt right now so back in the closet I hide for now. Ultimately I'm looking for a community of open minded people, whatever the orientation to chat with, and I would also like to meander through the archives and see how other people have dealt with religion and orientation as there are not many sources for this out there. I consider myself a Christian, but I would describe myself as a bad Christian because I'm not straight. My family and most people I know have no clue of my orientation because I'm still mostly in the closet about it (save around some understanding or like-minded friends).

      Like I said, I'm not exactly gay and I haven't really come out to everyone so I haven't ever been an ex-gay, so if I don't belong in this group I understand. But I do have attraction towards the same sex, conflicts and questions with my faith, and a yearning for somewhere to go about it all.

      Ultimately Anthony I will respect whatever you think best. If you know a group better suited than this one that is active and open I appreciate the help :o)

      Jessica

      Re: Hello, just looking around and a not so short intro ;o)
      Posted by: "Anthony Venn-Brown" anthony@... avennbrown
      Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:30 pm (PST)

      Hi Jessica...depends what you are looking for..from your email it could be
      several things.

      There is a description of the purpose of the group on our home page.

      My sexual orientation is not a sickness to be healed or a sin to be
      forgiven. My sexual orientation is a gift from my Creator to be accepted,
      celebrated, and lived with integrity.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009

        Hey Jessica……I have the ideal place for you.

        Its Freedom 2 b[e]

        The best thing to do is to register……then when it is okayed (this is to stop spammers)…..then post your story here….there are similar ones to yours.

        Telling Our Stories

        Some guidelines are here 'Telling Our Stories' Forum -Please read this before posting

        Lots of activity there as you will see.

        Speak to  you in the forum.

        Anthony Venn-Brown

        An Ambassador for the GLBT Community

        Award winning author of 'A Life of Unlearning - A Journey to Find the Truth'

        Co-convenor of Freedom 2 b[e]

        Honoured to be on the inaugural list of the  25 Most Influential Gay & Lesbian Australians

        "The enemy is ignorance"

        "My morality is a choice, my sexual orientation however isn't'

        'When we choose to live authentically, we chip away at others' prisons of pretend'

        Blog: http://alifeofunlearning.blogspot.com/

        Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/gayambassador

        Become a fan of 'A Life of Unlearning' on Facebook

        Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/gayambassador

        My YouTube Channel is here