Universal Life Church Presses Forward with Litigation Against Same-Sex Marriage

  • curran.white
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2009
      Hello Friends,

      Last year, I ordained myself over the internet at www.themonastery.org. Yes, I can now marry two consenting adults into marital bliss. However, in some states, it is illegal for me to marry a loving and consenting same-sex couple.

      Just yesterday, I read this news story:

      http://www.ottumwa.com/letters/local_story_103002944.html

      I thought to myself, "So, those states that have laws against same-sex marriage are in clear violation of the First Amendment. Specifically, in the part mentioning the freedom to practice religion."

      If I want to marry a same-sex couple, well then I'm gonna gosh darn do it! But would it be legal? Not in the eyes of the government...

      To my surprise and relief, I also stumbled upon this press release today:

      http://www.prweb.com/releases/universallifechurch/samesexmarriage/prweb2322604.htm

      The Universal Life Church is moving forward with challenging states who deny ministers to perform same-sex marriages.

      Not only do I find this compelling, but I feel like I should share this with everyone I know. The tides are turning. We've seen it in Iowa and soon-to-be New York. The more people who are aware of this action, the more power it has to change existing unconstitutional laws.

      Please if you feel compelled, as I did, to spend the word around about this movement. Then we might have a shot at changing the fate of this nation. NOT TO MENTION SAME-SEX MARRIAGE WOULD HELP OUT THE ECONOMY!

      Please spread the word, and visit themonastery.org for more information.

      Love and Peace,

      Ryan
    • jackstudly
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2009
        Let me ask you a question: If I glue feathers onto a mouse and call it a bird, --does it BECOME a bird in the actual sense of what a bird is?
        Then WHY are you asking the government to allow you to participate in a STATE SANCTIONED WEDDING with their "LICENSE"?
        The actual ISSUE is - that you need to sort out the pack of lies you've been fed about what a bird is & isn't.
        If you continue to ask for Satan's blessing, Then you'll call a bird as HE DEFINES them. Squeek!

        http://g0ys.org/marriage.htm