China.org speculates on daniel radcliffe having an erection on stage

  • edwardxderwent
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
      i know this is not much to do with ex-gay or even ex-exgay, but i
      thought it a fascinating story about a changing moral order in the world.

      i think i'm right in saying that china.org is a government (or, at
      least a nearly govt site- smile)

      and before i post this story from china.org site and which carries a
      china daily byline, i just want to remind everyone that it does not
      seem so long ago that from a morals standpoint the chinese government
      was somewhere to the far right of the vatican and the pentecostal church.

      and, i think it's fair enough to conclude that even in the western
      press talking about the possibility of a public or at least an
      on-stage display of an erection is still off-limits.

      so i smiled with appreciation when reading this daniel radcliffe story
      story on china. org. and, did they really HAVE to use the word 'rising' ?

      web-link:
      http://www.china.org.cn/culture/2008-12/03/content_16893100.htm

      quote
      Daniel Radcliffe's rising role

      Daniel Radcliffe says it "would be great" to get an erection on stage
      while performing in "Equus".

      The 19-year-old actor strips off in the controversial play about a boy
      with a partly religious, partly sexual fascination with horses, and
      admits he would feel more comfortable if the audience saw his manhood
      in all its glory.

      The "Harry Potter" actor, who is currently appearing in New York's
      Broadway theatre district, said: "A friend asked me once, 'Are you
      worried about getting an erection on stage?'

      I said, 'No, that would be great!' Rather the opposite takes place
      actually." Daniel admits he will never get used to baring all on stage.

      He added: "The play was there to do. Someone had to do it. If you take
      the job, you take everything that comes with it. "It's never going to
      be the most comfortable thing to be naked in front of people on stage.
      Personally, it's not my thing.

      For some people it's great - but not for me." Daniel spent 18 months
      preparing his body for the role of mentally disturbed Alan Strang
      because he "knew he would be appearing naked".

      He also employed a vocal coach to strengthen his voice before starting
      the original London run of the production.

      Daniel can next be seen in new movie "Harry Potter and the Half Blood
      Prince" which is due for a July 2009 release.

      (Agencies/China Daily December 3, 2008)
      unquote

      eddie note:

      1. they have a cute pik of daniel on the page, unshaven and sexy - i
      can image a a lot of guys across china getting damp patches in their
      underwear.

      2. the last story i read on daniel was to do with his getting frisky
      with some guy... !!!!
    • Coach Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008

        Personally I couldn’t think of any worse Kenni………appearing naked on stage with the whole world seeing…..and then being able to comment on the size of your willy. It was difficult enough telling the whole world about my sexual addiction and regular anonymous sexual encounters in my autobiography.

        Its interesting the impact opening the doors on China is having on many levels.

        Anthony Venn-Brown (ACC ICF)

        Award winning author of 'A Life of Unlearning - A Journey to Find the Truth'

        Co-convenor of Freedom 2 b[e]

        Voted one of the  25 Most Influential Gay & Lesbian Australians

        "All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."  Thomas Edward Lawrence ( Lawrence of Arabia )

        Blog: http://alifeofunlearning.blogspot.com/ Articles and comment

        Blog: http://gayambassador.blogspot.com/  3 chapters of the new edition of 'A Life of Unlearning'

        Blog: http://exgayaustralianewzealand.wordpress.com/ An alternative voice to the ex-ministries in Australia and New Zealand

        Blog: http://thegreatheresy.wordpress.com/ How and why the church got it wrong about homosexuality

        Blog: http://gayambassador2.blogspot.com/ Creating a Space for Change. The model I use for creating dialogue.

        Coaching Website: www.anthonyvennbrown.com Details of coaching services

        Have you seen my personal development newsletter archive yet?

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2008

          --- On Wed, 12/3/08, Coach Anthony <anthony.venn-brown@...> wrote:

          "Personally I couldn’t think of any worse Kenni………appearing naked on stage with the whole world seeing…..and then being able to comment on the size of your willy. It was difficult enough telling the whole world about my sexual addiction and regular anonymous sexual encounters in my autobiography."

          Well, Anthony, perhaps it is time for you -- with Danny Radcliffe as your role model -- to go on to the next level.

        • edwardxderwent
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2008
            --- In Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com, Korry Korry <korrykorrykoan@...> wrote:

            --- On Wed, 12/3/08, Coach Anthony <anthony.venn-brown@...> wrote:

            "Personally I couldn't think of any worse Kenni………appearing naked on
            stage with the whole world seeing…..and then being able to comment on
            the size of your willy. It was difficult enough telling the whole
            world about my sexual addiction and regular anonymous sexual
            encounters in my autobiography."

            Well, Anthony, perhaps it is time for you -- with Danny Radcliffe as
            your role model -- to go on to the next level.

            nice to see your name pop-up korry,

            smile, it was not the prospect of stage nudity that fascinated me in
            that news item. it was the speculation by the government news site on
            the possibility that the actor could have an erection during the
            performance.

            as i pointed out, the public display of male erections is still more
            or less taboo in the west, there is still very little discussion of
            the possibilities. but woah! this news site sees that as the number 1
            topic in the story. compared to the prudishness of official chinese
            attitudes to human sexuality in the past - this story is rather
            amazing, indicating a probable greater official openness to information.

            on the matter of nudity! one of the courses i've completed in the past
            year was called, 'myth in the ancient world'.

            in examining the subject we looked at a lot of illustrations of myths
            concerning greek gods, goddesses and hero's.

            nakedness appears to have been both acceptable and normal for males.
            and since the drawings and statues do not show any fetishes about
            size, i guess the normality of nakedness permitted an understanding of
            the truth that most males are not oversized in the dik department.

            not that an interest in size was unknown in the ancient world. nigel
            cawthorne's pop-history, 'the sex lives of the roman emperors' tells
            many stories indicating a fascination with size. among the stories is
            this one.

            marcus aurelius was one of the better emperors, but his wife faustina
            the younger had a reputation for interest in size. in her country
            mansion large numbers of potential sex-partners were paraded nude
            before her so that she could assess their size. her husband marcus
            decided to overlook the issues raised by her revels, saying: "if we
            send our wife away(divorce), we must give her back her dowry, too! "

            cool, eh?

            kenni
          • Coach Anthony
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2008

              Thanks for the encouragement Korry…..I think I’m pretty happy with my level of disclosure……I’ve broken more barriers in my life time than a demolition team.

              Nice to hear from you …..its been a while.

              Are you still living in South America

              Freedom 2 B(e)