Witness to Aids and Edwin Cameron

  • edwardxderwent
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2008
      Sometimes people that matter slip under our radar. Edwin Cameron is
      one such guy for me. Oh! i knew he existed. He's gay and a justice of
      the South African Supreme Court. Australia's own gay High Court
      justice, Michael Kirby has spoken of him, and the two men have
      campaigned together for gay rights in India and possibly other places.

      Cameron grew up as 'poor white'in the old christian, racist South
      Africa and should be one of our heroes, but as i said, he had slipped
      under my radar. Until today, when reading a Chinese government news
      site article on discrimination against Aids sufferers, I see Cameron's
      name.

      Best news is that his autobiography, 'Witness to Aids' has been
      translated into Chinese and will soon be available in China.

      here's a couple of sites about Cameron and his book:

      http://www.witnesstoaids.com/

      http://bookreviewsouthafrica.blogspot.com/2006/01/witness-to-aids-edwin-cameron.html

      and most of all, the Chinese news report that set me off (grin):

      http://www.china.org.cn/features/aids/2008-10/30/content_16692097.htm

      eddie
    • Coach Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2008

        We are global citizens these days aren’t we Eddie…….hard to keep a track of everything though.

        Thanks for the news……I know you have a particular passion for Asia

        Freedom 2 B(e)