hello

    Message 1 of 15 , May 7, 2001
      Hello,

      I'm Steve and I joined your mail group this week. I'm a 49 year old gay
      Christian in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA. I grew up Baptist, and as good
      Baptist boys do, I got married...

      Life was not kind to us, and she died of cancer when our daughter was 2 1/2
      years old. Still trying to be straight, I remarried -- only to divorce 14
      months later. Since then, I have accepted that I'm gay. I'm also in the
      "ministry" online and have a website located at http://www.gaychristians.org
      Other than our website, our focus is in providing a safe and affirming chat
      room called #Gay Christians.

      Anthony suggested I write the group and share with you the url to our
      website. We have resources for people around the world. If you know of
      other resources that I should list, please send them to me.

      In a Spirit of Cooperation, I remain

      Sincerely,

      Stephen Hull
      phoenix1103@...
    • Candy
      Message 2 of 15 , May 7, 2001
        Steve,
        Welcome to this group. I belong to 4 different
        groups, so do very little speaking here. But glad
        to see newcomers.....God bless you and I will
        visit your site.........Candy

        =====
        VETERANS FOR PEACE 733 15th Street, NW Suite 928 Washington DC, 20005 (202) 347-6780 Fax: (202) 347-6781 E-mail: vfp@... Web Site http://www.veteransforpeace.org VFP IRAQ WATER PROJECT c/o VFP CHAPTER 56 Post Office Box 532 Bayside, Ca 95524 http://www.iraqwaterproject.com/ (MJCarley@...)

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 15 , May 8, 2001

          Good on you Candy.  I was beginning to wonder if our entire group had turned into lurkers.

          My apologies for neglecting you all. I have been giving every spare minute to completing the first draft of my book.  I have just done a total re-read and begun the second draft over the weekend. It’s a long process but know it will benefit many people.  I’m definitely closer to publication than I was before.

          Any significant news out there, new developments, insights, experiences, interesting websites, resources etc.

          Has anyone checked out the Blue Book yet.????????    http://www.mkpc.org/education.htm

          70 pages of best-researched, practical, balanced piece of writing I’ve ever found on same sex orientation from a scientific, psychological, societal, family and theological point of view.  No wonder they called it “What we wish we’d known”

          Anthony Venn Brown

          "The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment; it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone." -- Orison Swett Marden

          Read the revised chapter 1 of "Rebel, Preacher, Gay - One Man's Journey" yet?  Get a cup of coffee and give yourself a 10 minute break. http://home.gay.com/avb/delfin.html

          =====

          Message 4 of 15 , May 8, 2001
            Hey ANthony,
            Good to hear from you. Hope things are well on
            your end............love, Candy

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=190481.1393724.2979175.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700076472:N/

            =====

          • hope@weblicity.com
            Message 5 of 15 , May 11, 2001
              Steve:

              Welcome to the group. I was a former Southern Baptist, also. I
              wasn't involved with any churches while growing up and didn't become
              a S.B., however, until I was in my 30's. Was married and had two
              children, both adults. Daughter happily married, has a son, whom I
              adore, extremely active in the Nazarene Church, but respects my life
              mate and me ... not sure how accepting of my being gay she is, but
              that be as it may. We have a good relationship. Son was married,
              but now divorced. He is very accepting of my life mate and me.

              After a few years into my spiritual journey, being married and
              involved in the church to the point of going to seminary (Baptist no
              less) and becoming a minister, I struggled at times with knowing I
              was attracted to same gender. Eventually divorced. Wife and I
              remained friends and worked together to raise our kids.

              I am now 61 and cannot remember when I wasn't attracted to men as far
              back as 4 years old. Denied it when I learned it wasn't acceptable,
              but pursued it at times never-the-less until I finally accepted who I
              am and also recognized so does God in spite of what others preach and
              teach to the contrary through uninformed traditional rhetoric.

              I am very much at peace with who I am and have been for many years.
              I no longer associate with the Baptists and do not go along with
              their practices particularly the last few years, although I do hold
              to some of their more basic theology. I now only refer to myself as
              a Christian or better yet, because of the negative connotation that
              title has, I describe myself as one desiring to follow the ways of
              Jesus the Christ. I am much more spiritual now then I have ever
              been in my life, but am not associated with any church or
              denomination and don't intend to get involved. I minister to others
              daily (gay and straight) as the Holy Spirit leads me. I tell others
              about the love and grace of God for all persons through Jesus.

              I visited your site and was impressed with what I found. I
              definitely intend to revisit it more thoroughly when I have time.

              Thanks for sharing with us. Hope you will pop in again some time.

              Meaningfully,
              Steve Hopesharer

              Not sure what to sign off with henceforth since we have the same
              initials :)
            • jamesthurber99
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 14, 2009
                I am in need of help with urges that go way back. I am married with children. Is there anyway out?
              • Coach Anthony
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 14, 2009

                  Hi James…..I’ve just sent you a personal email with some info

                  Freedom 2 B(e)

                  I am in need of help with urges that go way back. I am married with children. Is there anyway out?

                • Peter Hayes
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 15, 2009
                    If you have truly made the decision that you want to resist the temptations and live a heterosexual life, it will probably depend on your faith and some therapy.  You may never be completely free of the temptations, but you made decisions that have affected others -- your wife and your children -- like I did.  And, if you want to remain true to those decisions, then you have to find some strength and some support to deny your conflicting temptations.  I have been in the same boat.

                    I share about this on my blog and have some suggestions there that may run counter to what the group here might offer:  http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/

                    To: Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jamesthurber99@...
                    Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 02:22:28 +0000

                    I am in need of help with urges that go way back. I am married with children. Is there anyway out?

                    Get free photo software from Windows Live Click here.
                  • Craig
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 15, 2009
                      The important thing to do is "don't panic" and avoid making massive big decisions at this particular time... make sure you are warm, look after yourself, breathe, reflect on the good things you have done in life. No matter what happens... you are still valued, loved and treasured by everyone.

                      I only hope that any transition you make becomes smooth and well prepared and that there will always be love and understanding.

                      Do keep in-touch and also there's Freedom 2B website http://www.freedom2b.org/ you are most welcome to have a read and interact with others who are just beginning, going through things and those who have come out of it at the end. Its a good group that basically gives word of encouragement, its a good place to find information, resources and reassurances through the decisions you make in life.

                      Hugs

                      Craig.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 16, 2009
                        My goodness... are you for real? I looked at my advice and I thought it was more practical than anything else I have ever seen... did you not read his message. I know that signs of struggles don't come with hetrosexuals it only affects people of same sex attraction.

                        Good on you for being strong and your ability to repress your "same sex attraction".

                        I just find the message quite offensive in that you've given this person a short end of the rope or provided him with enough rope to hang himself. It worked for you and it did not enter into your head that hey sometimes being honest with yourself is better than having a bit of faith and some therapy.

                        Truly I can not say I understand what it is like to be married and having kids and I can only imagine it's a lot of pressure, stress and all. I specifically chose not to complicate my life with a woman and kids after seeing a family where I just knew the husband was Gay and witnessed him leaving the family, changed his name and completely cut his life away from this beautiful family with two kids. I knew that I could not partake in this sort of behaviour and there was no way I was going to allow someone to counsel me to be strong and repress my "same-sex attraction" by attending some therapy which by the way have no positive effect on the psychology of the brain, and that I should marry and committ my life to a woman so that I can die inside everyday!

                        God does not make mistakes - the bible is very clear on that and you have just increased this man's pain by putting the onus on him as if he is serious about making a decision... how about the for the rest of his life that he will be dead inside and burnt out by the time the kids grows up and his wife passes and his remaining years to be spent with another same-sex attraction. Or he be honest with himself and continue to support his family in a much more healthier way and lets hope they can work it out.

                        Hmmmm? Thanks for being so annoying! Craig.

                        --- In Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com, Peter Hayes <anxious.2@...> wrote:

                        > If you have truly made the decision that you want to resist the temptations and live a heterosexual life, it will probably depend on your faith and some therapy. You may never be completely free of the temptations, but you made decisions that have affected others -- your wife and your children -- like I did. And, if you want to remain true to those decisions, then you have to find some strength and some support to deny your conflicting temptations. I have been in the same boat.
                        >

                        > I share about this on my blog and have some suggestions there that may run counter to what the group here might offer: http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
                        >

                        > To: Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: jamesthurber99@...
                        > Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 02:22:28 +0000
                        > Subject: [Exex-gay] hello
                        >

                        > I am in need of help with urges that go way back. I am married with children. Is there anyway out?

                        > Get free photo software from Windows Live
                        > http://www.windowslive.com/online/photos?ocid=PID23393::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_PH_software:082009

                      • Coach Anthony
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 16, 2009

                          Read your blog Peter……..I wouldn’t encourage anyone to go down the track that you are going. I’ve seen the results.

                          It is usually unhealthy for all concerned in the long run. Living a ‘heterosexual lifestyle’ is never being normal only pretend.

                          James…..there is a great yahoo group you should join which is specifically for gay men who are married.

                          Some very healthy discussion and support there.

                          Freedom 2 B(e)

                          To: Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com
                          From: jamesthurber99@...
                          Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 02:22:28 +0000

                          I am in need of help with urges that go way back. I am married with children. Is there anyway out?

                          Get free photo software from Windows Live Click here.

                        • Rajiv Raj
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 16, 2009
                            i m interested...

                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 16, 2009

                              Hi Rajiv……what exactly are you interested in.

                              Freedom 2 B(e)

                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 16, 2009

                                hi dear i m interested in u can u be mine?
                                Hi Rajiv……what exactly are you interested in.

                                http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Exex- gay

                                Freedom 2 B(e)

                                Support - Information - Dialogue for GLBTIQ People from Pentecostal/ Charismatic Backgrounds go to www.freedom2b. org

                                I am in need of help with urges that go way back. I am married with children. Is there anyway out?

                                i m interested.. .

                                --- On Sat, 15/8/09, jamesthurber99 <jamesthurber99@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                                Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.

                                Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local
                              • Coach Anthony
                                Message 15 of 15 , Aug 17, 2009

                                  I think you might be in the wrong yahoo group Rajiv……this is not a dating or hook up site.

                                  Just a reminder of what this group is about.

                                  There are many people in and out of religious circles who have tried to deal with the tremendous conflict between their faith and their sexual orientation. For many of us it has been years of struggle, pain and a lot of heartache. Some of us have tried everything from therapy to counselling to prayer to rehabilitation to deliverance to support groups. Can sexual orientation be changed? Is samesex orientation a choice? How does this all relate to my spirituality? You are not alone. This group will give you the opportunity to speak freely about the struggles you are having now or may have gone through. Share how you resolved the issues if you like. You may have rejected, maintained or re-defined your beliefs. Whatever your belief system you will find respect, understanding, acceptance and support here. Give your support and share your stories so that others can be freed from unnecessary pain, guilt and confusion. You don't have to have gone through a ex-gay therapy to be a part of this group. It's much broader than that. We're here for everybody. Please join us if you are family or friends of GLBT people who would like help or to join in the discussion. Looking forward to meeting you soon in our group. Anthony Moderator

                                  Freedom 2 B(e)