Why Jessica Alba left the church.

  • Jayelle Wiggins-Lunacharsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      This made me tear up; it was so reminiscent of my experience growing up!  Now, I didn't exactly look like Jessica Alba (!), but I was made to feel ashamed of having some curves, and I would get bitched out for, for instance, wearing patterned tights that showed off my legs.

      Ladies, how familiar does this look to you?

      Blessed be,
      Jayelle

      "Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.  To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."--Bertrand Russell

    • tom miller

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006

          Will we ever have a church that reflects the love of God and not all this crap I ask myself.

          Freedom 2 B(e)