Re: [Exex-gay] Three questions ***

  • ozydragon
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2006
      Hi,

      I have read this email so many times wondering if I should or even could answer these questions.
      1) What ( if anything) do you believe caused you currently to be gay or have previous gay feelings?

      This one is difficult for me. All my life I guess I had gay feelings but didn't allow myself to realise until I was a young 35. But in hindsight, which is everyones best friend, I realise that I was always looking at woman and admiring woman. I am currently in a relationship thats coming up to its 6 year anniversary and very happy. The difficult part for me on this question is I come from a back ground that seems to be far to previlant amongst the community and that is sexual abuse. So I have often wondered is it that I was born this way or made this way by the fear of what a male, my father, did to me? That  I dont know.

      2) What/who (other then the bible) has caused you to believe that being gay needs to be changed.

      This one is way more easier. Most of my family, who are christian, my christian friends and someone at work again christian (yes I see the glaring  pattern lol)
      I have had these people scare me enough at times that I wonder  'should I leave my partner of 6 years who I love desperatly, or are they scare mongering?' What, just what if they are right? I struggle with this so many times a week. Stupid I know, but there you have it. My partner is Catholic and she says' I dont want anything to do with a god that thinks what we do, which is love, is that bad we are damned for it'  and in my mind I go yeah your right but my fear says but what if?

      3) What is your current belief about the issue?

      See answer 2 lol. But in all honesty 90% of me believes that God loves me for me and made me what and who I am as God doesnt make mistakes... But God made Ted Bundy too......

      Sorry to confuse and maybe annoy some people on this matter

      Pete Zayonce <pete.zayonce@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone,

      I've got three questions which you're welcome to answer, or not.  Think carefully about your response to each one, explain where appropriate:

      1.  What (if anything) do you believe caused you currently be gay or have previous gay feelings?

      2.  What/who (other than the bible) has caused you to believe that being gay needs to be changed?

      3.  What is your current belief about the issue?

      There's no pressure to participate, and if you answer, please think about your answers and give honest ones.

      Thanks,

      Pete

      Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia. ~Joseph Wood Krutch

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • jannah_burgess
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2006
        1. What (if anything) do you believe caused you currently to be gay
        or have previous gay feelings?
        I used to think it was because i am a tomboy. I was sexually abused.
        Myy mother and i are not close, she has issues with me. My parents
        were violent when i was a teenager. All the usual cameraderie that
        the church loves to share with us. I dont believe it anymore. I was
        sexually abused, it did not make me gay. I was a tom boy from the day
        i was born... deal with it. My parents abused me, it was after i
        already liked girls. I dont think anything makes it happen.

        > 2. What/who (other than the bible) has caused you to believe that
        being gay needs to be changed? My parents are anti-gay homophobic.
        They are also ex-pastors, though they are now heavily involved in
        hillsong. They pressured me alot to be straight. They said if i didn't
        they would disown me. Then the church said i had to go into
        counselling or i couldn't sing or be involved in worship which is my
        passion and that otherwise i would be kciked out of the church. I went
        there for ten years and all my school friends went there. It was my
        family, so i stayed for their sake and my sake. I didn't want to be
        alone and then find out i was wrong.

        > 3. What is your current belief about the issue?
        God loves me not matter what! God wants to be my friend. I want to be
        God's friend