RE: [Exex-gay] NEWS, WHAT'S HAPPENING, ETC, ETC, ETC.

  • Legal Alien
    Message 1 of 55 , Sep 1, 2005
      Anthoy, you old codger lol... I vaguely remember decimalisation in the UK, but as a 5 year old, all I remember is being a bit upset that coins I had could no longer be spent!

      The other interesting thing I saw in the Canberra's mint museum was draft copies of the new Australian currency, the "Royal" and a newspaper front page spread saying that's what it would be called. Interesting how times change! Just as well for you guys you changed your minds and called it a dollar!

      Alan

      Message Received: Sep 01 2005, 05:26 AM
      From: "Anthony Venn-Brown Personal Coach" <anthony.venn-brown@...>
      To: Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [Exex-gay] NEWS, WHAT'S HAPPENING, ETC, ETC, ETC.

      I remember pounds shillings and pence well........and the time when we
      converted to the decimal system as well.

      My sexual orientation is not a sickness to be healed or a sin to be
      forgiven.

      My sexual orientation is a gift from my Creator to be accepted, celebrated,
      and lived with integrity.

      From: "Stephen Loves Flying" <stephenlovesflying@...>

      To: Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com

      As this group is about honesty...I'll be honest! (Oh no....what is he
      going to say?) I confess to liking the news more than the discussions. It
      enables me to be informed of a variety of things which I otherwise wouldn't
      be aware of. It gives perspective in a wider sense. Another reason why I
      like the news, and here is where I'm sticking my neck out, is because I'm
      tired of the way discussions here often go round and round and round the
      same points over and over again. I see the same arguments, the same anger,
      the same hurt being expressed because of how we've been treated...how we've
      been judged...how we've been asked to change...how we've been ostracised,
      etc, etc, etc. I'm guess I'm tired of it really. I think we need to move
      on. I mean REALLY move on. Not just in our words, without the heart and
      head following. We're adults and unless we work towards healing in our
      lives, then we will just end up bitter old men and women. And as I've said
      before here, we becom

      e (or

      maybe we are already) no better than those who judge us and dislike us.
      So what voice do we really have? As Jesus said "Take the log out of your
      own eye before you try to take the speck out of your brother's eye".

      Of course, I hear some of you saying, "well talking about things helps the
      healing". Agreed! So we talk about them. But is there any change going
      on? Do we move on? Do we find ourselves in a place of growing forgiveness
      and understanding towards those who have hurt us and continue to judge us?
      Do we find we can let go of the pain and the hurt? And here I'm talking as
      much to myself as anyone, for I feel the pain still. I get angry. But I
      realise it is my problem. Not there's. I have to take responsibility for
      it rather than blaming outsiders all the time. So maybe it's just me?
      Maybe it's time for me to move on from this group.

      As to why discussion has slowed down...I don't really have an answer. But
      I like reading of whats going on around the world as opposed to reading the
      same things, rehashed in different words, again and again. It's all a great

      diversion for me I guess! So I am glad to read the news Jay, and when I
      see it I sometimes don't read it and that's fine too. At least I have the
      opportunity to if I want to.

      As for new members coming along and needing to share and vent, I don't have
      any problem with that. It may be their first chance to. I suppose then I'm
      addressing those of us who have been around awhile. Anyway....enough said.
      I guess I'm just venting now!

      There ya go folks. As Alan would say....there's a bucks worth of ya.

      S.

      Anthony Venn-Brown Personal Coach <anthony.venn-brown@...>
      wrote:

      v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
      {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
      {behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui)
      }st2\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

      We are just exploring the discussion Jay..no accusations are being made.

      Good point about always heading it up as news.

      ---------------------------------

      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 15, 2010
        Alan Chambers -- ex-gay well paid mouthpiece of the christian right

        --->

        Video: We're not at liberty to speak for all gays or Gods. Alan's at Liberty to do just that.

        Alan Chambers is clearly a smart and passionate man. He also comes across like a decent person who sees many flaws within the frequently overheated "pro-family" movement, and, to his credit (one that's reserved for few in the professional anti-LGBT world), Alan is somewhat willing to speak out against the missteps that he perceives. We'd never deny him of these respectable traits.

        Unfortunately, Alan has allowed anti-gay faith to persuade him to interrupt some of these natural gifts and instincts. He's also let's homo-hostile biblical interpretations convince him that he should deny what even he admits are his natural homo-focused desires (or, as he calls them, "struggles"). Which would actually be fine if this were a choice he had made for only himself. But what is not okay and will never be okay is the fact that he takes his own personal decision to closet his desires and uses them to tell society at large that "gays can change". Also not okay is the way he wants to deny gay people of their own respect and worth as living, loving beings by pitting them against heterosexual couples, the one and only type of coupling that he'll allow within the "body of Christ". And then there are of course the many times over the years that Alan has used these personal views to deny LGBT people in the political spectrum, lashing out against things like marriage equality or hate crimes protections. Or there's his ability to recognize some of the ills that have been directed toward LGBT people, yet failure to acknowledge the ones that his own organization, Exodus International, has fomented. Again: None of this is okay.

        Friday February 12 Alan appeared at Liberty University, Lynchburg, Virginia,
        where his wholly faith-motivated refusal to see gays as part of the world's normalcy once again placed an undeserved and unfortunate impasse on his would-be, could-be wise words. Listen in:

        My comments --->

        --- Click on the URL to see and hear his sweet absurd nonsense from Liberty University (southern baptist ties)

        There are five videos each about nine minutes.  They are so bad that maybe, just maybe some Liberty students will open their eyes.  But I doubt it.  They have been blinded by faith.  They refuse to listen to any other opinion.

        Friday, February 12, 2010

        Stephen Fry on the Catholic Church. It ain't pretty.

        Posted by John Aravosis (DC) at 2/12/2010 01:01:00 PM
        Wow. British actor, writer, comedian, director Stephen Fry, who is gay, was on some show recently debating someone from the Catholic Church. Dear God. It's 20 minutes of pure joy, in only the way a well-educated Brit could do it. I know Americans have a fetish for British accents, but Jesus Chris - we do not speak English, or think, or talk like these people. It's truly astounding. Or dare I say, brilliant. Watch it.

        ***