RE: [Exex-gay] a dream .......

  • Pete Zayonce
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2005
      Hi Edward,

      When I read your message my skin started tingling all over. Mostly, I just
      read the posts and help Anthony by co-moderating, but this time I'd like to
      comment.

      Your dream is a confirmation to a vision that I had around the middle of
      last year. I shared this vision with Anthony in a session of work that he
      and I were doing together. Close to the same time, God raised up another
      very beautiful person with the same vision for worship and inclusiveness.

      I believe this dream will come true, and I also believe that it will happen
      quicker than most people realise.

      For anyone on this list that would like to be kept up to date with planning
      and any news - please feel free to email me off list: pete@... I'd
      love to keep you up to date with our progress.

      Thank you so much! This has made my day.

      Pete

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2005
        that's interesting. maybe more so, since i've thought for a few days
        that i should share it here, but did not do so !!

        then today, i thot again - i should share that 'dream'.

        of interest to me, is the fact that over the chrissie break i read a
        book on imperial china.. it featured a lot of information about the
        aadministrative issues of the various dynastys.. and the struggle
        back and forth between buddhism and confucianism - and the
        formalising (hardening of the arteries) with consequent possibility
        of 'heresy' that happened to these philosophies over the centuries.

        yet in all of this, there was some essentially beautiful and original
        thinking.

        edward

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 2005
          --- In Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Zayonce" <pete@g...> wrote:
          Hi Edward,

          When I read your message my skin started tingling all over. Mostly,
          I just read the posts and help Anthony by co-moderating, but this
          time I'd like to comment.

          > Your dream is a confirmation to a vision that I had around the
          middle of
          > last year. I shared this vision with Anthony in a session of work
          that he
          > and I were doing together. Close to the same time, God raised up
          another
          > very beautiful person with the same vision for worship and
          inclusiveness.

          I believe this dream will come true, and I also believe that it will
          happen quicker than most people realise.

          on another board, where i posted something similar, someone posted
          this.....

          my granny belongs to this "religion" that goes by the name "Tian Dao"
          (Heavenly Way) or "Yi Kuan Dao". Though founded in China, the main
          camp of this "religion" is actually in Taiwan..where there are more
          than 1 million adherents....all of which are vegetarian..singapore is
          the next country outside of taiwan to have Dao (call it Dao for short
          though it is not the "Taoism" we normally think of) since the
          1960s ....

          Dao is an organised "religion" and is legal in most
          countries ...including Sg n Oz....u may wonder why i kept "religion"
          in inverted commas....cos while dao may appears to be very
          religious....it is in fact very esoteric and is a combination of
          Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, and Christianity ... all the leaders
          of these 5 religions are considered prophets of the Universe whom we
          refer to as "mother"...from wat i explained to u...dao may sound like
          the vietnamese religion Cao Dai but it is not....Cao Dai is a
          relatively new religion as compared to Dao.

          Tian Dao adherents are usually vegetarian, hence I was a veggie from
          young till I was 21 (long story as to why i stopped but it had sumfin
          to do with my 1st BF).....u may be keen to know that tian dao has
          been around in oz since the 1970s....with the 1st Dao Centre in Perth
          followed by Melbourne n Sydney in the late 1970s/early 1980s....there
          r many western adherents all over the world, esp in australia where
          there is a large following...

          U may not hear much abt Dao simply bec Dao never seek to proselytize
          the way christians do....that is not the objective.....in fact, dao
          believes in prosetyliszing by example..ie..to unveil the conscience n
          christ-like/buddha-like nature in each person n leading an upright
          life, rather than going ard spreading the word but one's actions is
          sending out the wrong signals...

          One obvious feature of a Dao Centre is the chinese altar with 3 tall
          standing oil lamps.....in sg n other asian countries, we will usually
          place a statue of the laughing buddha on the altar.....in australia
          where we have a number of VERY large dao centres....sometimes no
          statues r found...while at others...a statue of Kwan Yin (guan yin)is
          placed....and often enough...in the dao centres which are operated by
          westerners....they may place statues of Mary and Jesus alongside with
          the Laughing Buddha/kwan yin.....it does not matter wat is being
          placed on the altar as long as the 3 lamps r there....the centre lamp
          signifies The Divine Universe....

          as mentioned, I was trained to be a missionary since i was a
          kiddo...which entails me having to be formally trained in the
          scriptures of the 5 religions (though i dun hv much clue to the
          Kor'an), chinese classics and confucian ethics, chinese calligraphy,
          flower arrangements (for the altar), public speaking and
          presentation, ettiquette, all the rites n rituals n general upkeeping
          of a dao centre, and of cos - moral conduct.

          moreover, dao was not abt ritualistic prayers only (though it may
          appear to be very much so when viewed from an outisider's view
          point)...dao is very much, as mentioned, about the esoteric teachings
          of these great prophets...lemme give u some examples:

          In Buddhism - adherents recite n chant the sutras in order to reap
          good karma

          In Tian Dao - there is no point in chanting sutras...sutras were
          words of Buddha to us...to encourage us to listen to the wisdom
          within..so wats the point of reciting it back to buddha in front of
          his statue? we learn the wisdom within rather than speak it with
          words.

          In Buddhism - being a vegetarian will bring abt gd karma...hence
          giving u a better afterlife...likewise with doing gd deeds..it will
          promote a better afterlife

          In Tian Dao - being vegetarian brings abt no good karma..u do it bec
          it is the right thing to do...cos u do want to kill
          lives.....likewise with doing good deeds...u perform good deeds
          without asking for anything in return..be it karma or otherwise....u
          do it cos it stems out of yr christ-like nature..it is natural...not
          because God tells u to do so...or your religion tells u so...or bec u
          want any good returns in the future..

          In christianity - christ died for our sins n by dying, our sins r
          washed away...we r redeemed by this grace.

          In tian dao - why did christ die on the cross? wat was the
          significance? U may call upon him as saviour but ultimately, The
          Universe knows yr heart...if u do not follow the christ-like nature
          within....then christ will not be able to help u in any
          way....ultimately it boils down to u...as jesus mentioned, "happy r
          the children....for theirs is the kingdom of god"...so r u childlike
          n live according to wat shd stem out of u naturally? or hv u been
          adulterated (pun intended) as u grew up n became conniving,
          vindictive blah bla blah..return to that childlike state...

          now, I am comfotable calling God by any name...be it
          Jehovah..allah...the "Dao" (as used in taoism)...the great Void
          (buddhism) or the Conscience (confucianism)...thus, I am equally
          comfy with going for Mass n receiving communion, or going to a chn
          temple n offfering incense to the buddhas...cos it is the ultimate
          Divine whom I am offering supplication to.....n I am in the house of
          one of Her prophets....when asked what religion I am in, I simply
          state that I am "Pagan".. LOL
        • Aaron
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 26, 2005
            Hi Groupie,
            funny thing that Conversation With God ( By Neal Donald Walch) did
            mention something like that dream you mentioned .... hey man, I think
            your dream may come true in some form... :)
            AJE