Re: welcoming churches

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      I'm glad that there are churches out there that accept gays and
      lesbians with open arms. So many other churches keep us at arms length
      and revile who we are. It sickens me. I can say for sure that the
      Missionary Baptist churches do not support gays. In fact they preach
      rather loudly against us. But they are misguided.

      --- In Exex-gay@yahoogroups.com, Legal Alien <legalAlienInDC@f...> wrote:
      > Great to know that there are so many churches that welcome gay
      people. Does anyone know if this is true world wide? I wonder what
      the situation is like in Australia or the UK? The only churches I'd
      vaguely heard of accepting gay people are the metropolitan ones and
      the anglicans, with their quaint "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

      > I'm also intrigued as to whether accepting gays means that the
      theology of personal salvation and a relationship with God is
      weakened. I've started going to a church here in DC which on the
      surface appears to be more "conservative" in that sphere, whilst still
      being a true "reconciling" church.

      > Just to keep you informed on the soap opera that has been my
      life....I kind of wonder when the pain will end and I will feel some
      sense of joy again. It seems like its been forever since I've felt
      happy. Its been two weeks now since I've seen my trainer (sessions
      all used up) and the pain caused by that relationship is still there.
      I find myself desperately hoping that there will be some way to
      rekindle it, but I know that that is not very likely. In the
      meantime, I'm existing and trying to develop new arenas, but this
      weekend I've felt really low and longed for it all to end. Its a case
      of hanging on in there! I hope my struggles encourage someone ;)

      > Alien Alan
      >

      > --
      >
      > Whatever you Wanadoo:
      > http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/

      at: http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7098.htm
    • Life Coach
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004

        I guess we just keep remembering that there was a time when women were viewed as inferior in most churches. Although not all have woken up how stupid that position is…….there has certainly been a change.

        Its only a matter of time for them to wake up how ridiculous it is to reject GLBT people on the grounds of their identity.

        Anthony

        Moderator and author of:

        'A Life of Unlearning -Coming Out of the Church - One Man's Struggle'

        Winner of the Inaugural Literary Award 2004 Sydney Gay & Lesbian Business Association

        To download Chapter 1 'The Confession' FREE click here.