[ExclusivelyKabbalah] Samek / Samech

  • Elise
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 11, 2003
      Samek / Samech

      numerical value: 60
      tarotcard GD Temperance.
      other The Tower

      sign sagittarius (spiritual/mystical)
      The archer can be a centaur, a lot of them were teachers.

      "The 25th path is the Intelligence of Probation or Temptation, and is so called because of it is the primary temptation by which the Creator trieth all righteous persons."

      The path is found on the Middle pilar, part of the path "the Path of the arrow", "the path of Mysticism", "the path of Revelation".

      symbol: crutch or staff. Prop
      the letter has a form of Kaph (20) and a VAV (6) in it; together they form Samech. the numeric value together is 26; a number of the Name of God.

      Samek can be seen as the staff of the universe. A sort of Axis. I had to think of all the legends of the trees. Yggdrasyl for example, or the Djed of Osiris.
      A keyword for this letter can be 'support'.

      Samech; Somech means 'to rely on'.
      the numeric value of 60 has to do with love, the overflowing power of nature, abundance.

      the card Temperance can lead to a ' dark night of the soul', but there will be always unseeiing comfort. This seems to be needed so that after this period the person involved can be more easily adjust to the LIGHT. It's more of the alchemistical proces.
      A purification and to make stronger a person.

      The path in itself can be seen as the direct line of contact between the individuality and personality. On it are developed the first glimmerings of mystical or higher consiousness. (Gareth Knight)

      It does seem to be a trying path, one in which the symbol of the 'TOWER' would be more fitting. But that is up to us.
      A link with Samech is the crutch of the great God of healing Asclepios, with Raphael's influence are here too.
      Raphael; so say some is the angel in the card Temperance.
      the cups are of gold and silver, so sun and moon as the two opposites and very fitting to this path.
      (sun and silver can be seen as male/female, tiphareth/moon, as the alchemisical process.
      ...)

      another symbol connected to this path is Qesheth, the rainbow which appears behing Yesod. The rainbow can be seen as a covenant to man of God's love.
      What strikes me that I immediately am thinking of prisma's; the one Light spreading out in several colors.

      greetings and Blessings,
      Elise
    • Ormus
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 17 3:11 PM
        Dear All,

        I am Shabattai.I try to find Brothers(Chavers) from Brasil who practice Kabbalah-Kishuf(Kishuph) and Nefashut(Nephashuth) in Chevurahs,or belonged to the circle of the late Rabbi Levy ben Mendel,also known as( Schimon ben Levy of Kotzk,or Levy ben Shmuel Snadra).
        This is the Beit of Kotzk(Kotzker Rebbe) Chassidut,which practiced Egyptian and Morocco Sephardita.

        Does some have some contact or can help me to find my Brothers?

        Shalom
        Shabattai