for those who aren't on Facebook

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2009
      Tour De St Johns

      Date:
      Sunday, February 1, 2009
      Time:
      10:45am - 3:00pm
      Location:
      Vera Katz to St. Johns
      City/Town:
      Portland, OR

      Our next Sunday excursion takes us on a very leisurely 22 mile round
      trip jaunt to St. Johns to do some sightseein and gabbin.

      We meet at Vera Katz under the Hawthorne Bridge at 10:45 and depart at
      11:00. We'll cruise by Peninsula Park 'round 11:30 to pick up NE riders
      (meet on the south/Ainsworth side). Once we're a big happy family, we'll
      go through Kenton to see Paul Bunyan and ponder his missing ox, then
      we'll continue on to 'downtown' St. Johns where we'll stop for coffee
      and snacks, and look for Ladybug the miniature horse. Newly caffeinated
      with snacks in hand, we'll head down to Cathedral Park under the St.
      Johns bridge for picnicking and exploring.

      After goofing off, we'll head back south, stopping along Waud's Bluff
      for pictures. After dropping off folks who have lame chores to attend
      to, we will then discuss beer, and wander not-quite-but-almost aimlessly
      until we find a suitable watering hole.

      Here is the route: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/See-St-John-s

      I must emphasize, this will be a fun EASY ride with speeds not to exceed
      12 mph, and we promise not to let you fall too far behind, because we'll
      have a sweep who will holler at me if I get too peppy. Kids are
      welcome...but keep in mind, after the ride at beer time we might get
      rowdy and curse a lot.

      Hope y'all can make it!
      Heather (Easy Riders)
      5035049294

      --
      Aaron

      /"No single snowflake claims responsibility for the avalanche."/
    • heather williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2009
        Hi ECTers, The ride Aaron forwarded below is an Easy Riders ride
        (newly formed band of bicycle hooligans). We post our bi-monthly rides
        on the Shift List, the Bikeportland forums, on a Facebook group, and a
        Google group. Below are the links where you can find out about our
        rides:

        Our Google group/email list:
        http://groups.google.com/group/easyridersyay/subscribe

        or, if you're on Facebook: