billions for infrastructure, highways or rail?

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2003
      Hello there;
      Most of you are interested, even passionate about less destructive
      transportation. Even if it's not bike transportation (the most
      efficient) we should support rail and other public transportation. I
      recently read in Bloomberg.com...
      http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aV2SxqQRuOFw
      that Barack Obama
      <http://search.bloomberg.com/search?q=Barack+Obama&site=wnews&client=wnews&proxystylesheet=wnews&output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=p&getfields=wnnis&sort=date:D:S:d1>’s
      vision for a revolutionary re-engineering of the nation’s infrastructure
      is not being supported by the states which are vying for the cash.
      States are working to use the money to resurface or "improve" their
      roadways to provide for the higher traffic volumes which are
      <sarcasm>/certain to come once the auto companies are bailed out/
      </sarcasm>.
      Please if you have a few minutes, right a letter to Mr. Obama
      <www.change.gov>, his staff, or future Transportation Secretary Ray
      LaHood <http://www.house.gov/lahood/>. Let them know that 50 years of
      highways have left this country a shambles. We need to invest in
      bus/rail/bike transportation and provide jobs for companies which design
      and build them. If you have ideas for making a more effective case for
      this, I welcome your thoughts as well.
      This email is also being forwarded to Transportation Alternatives, the
      Nat. Assoc. of Rail Passengers, American Public Transportation Assoc.,
      and the New Mobility Agenda
      Thanks in advance
      --
      Aaron

      /"No single snowflake claims responsibility for the avalanche."/
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2008