2nd Annual Fruit Loop Ride Oct 26th

  • smithcarolinem80
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2008
      Introducing the 2nd Annual Fruit Loop Ride on Sunday October 26th!

      What is better than heirloom apples, fresh cider, farm animals, local wine, and country
      scenery in the crisp autumn air? How about seeing (and tasting) it all from the seat of a
      bicycle? ECT is planning our 2nd annual celebration of fall with a bicycle ride around Hood
      River's Fruit Loop. This is a 35 mile loop to apple orchards, country stores, and local
      wineries.

      We will be making frequent stops along the way for treats and for the group to reconvene.
      Be sure to bring something to carry all the goodies you'll find along the way.

      This ride is an advanced beginner/intermediate. There is some moderate climbing. The
      pace is not going to be challenging but please be able to ride 35 miles with a couple of
      hills. No rider left behind.

      Route: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/10-28-07-Fruit-Loops-Ride

      Starting Location: The Brooklyn House -4038 SE Brooklyn St (at 40th)
      Assemble Time - 8:30 AM
      Departure Time - 9:00 AM

      Return ETA: 5:30-6pm

      Ride Leader Contacts:
      Caroline Smith 503.545.1337 smithcarolinem@...
      Joe Chongruk joe.chongruk@...

      We will carpool to Hood River. Please RSVP to Joe (joe.chongruk@...) by Friday
      October 24th, so we can coordinate riders/vehicles. If you can share your vehicle, please
      let us know that and how many humans/bikes you can transport.