Beacon Rock Bike Camping Details - This Weekend

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2008
      Beacon Rock Bike Camping Details - This Weekend

      My apologies for this notice being sent so late.

      For those who are still interested, the Beacon Rock bike camping trip is still on this weekend.

      Details:

      Dates:
      Sat. / Sun. 10/18 - 10/19

      Starting Location:
      4038 SE Brooklyn St. Portland

      Assemble: 8:30AM
      Depart: 9:00AM

      Route: (Approximate)
      205 Bike Path/Bridge to Vancouver, Everygreen Hwy to Route 14 to Route 140 to Route 14 to Beacon Rock.
      http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=541475 (Starting point at Brooklyn House; Will not be on Route 14 whole way, see Washugal Bypass)
      http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=544835 (Washugal Bypass)

      Return: (Planned Arrival time at Brooklyn House)
      Before 6pm Sunday.

      Please pack your own food for the entire trip (or make purchases along the way). There are water stops en route.
      This is a fully self-supported bicycle tour, no SAG vehicles. (Emergency contacts will be available locally.)

      Please be prepared for poor weather, even though forecast is dry so far.

      We will most likely hike up to top of Beacon Rock (nice view). Bring a lock for your bike.

      Our Club Ride General Guidelines/Info:

      Please RSVP if you plan to participate.

      Questions?

      Contact: