ECT Trillium Lake Bike Camping - 10/4 - 10/5 - Sat/Sun

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2008
      ECT Trillium Lake Bike Camping  -  10/4 - 10/5 - Sat/Sun

      Sponsored by the Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club & Bike School (ECT). We leave no
      riders behind.

      Join us for this 2-day Bike Camping trip to Trillium Lake where some of the most scenic views of Mount Hood can be enjoyed right outside your tent:

      Trillium Lake Campground has a 2-mile trail around the lake perfect for biking or hiking. Non-motorized boats only in lake. It's popular for fishing, has potable water and vaulted restrooms, no showers. This is the last weekend this year the campground is open. More details:

      We will start Saturday 8:30AM-ish from SE Portland (4038 SE Brooklyn St.), ride on the Springwater Corridor en route to Sandy, then pass Government Camp and pitch tents at Trillium Lake Campground.

      You have the option of riding the entire 54 miles by bike, or, arranging your own transport to Sandy (Trimet Bus available), meet up with everyone and riding 32 miles to destination. We will return Sunday by the same route.

      The overall route is at:

      The total elevation gain for the 54-mile route is about 4000 ft., and about 3000 ft for the 32-mile route, both with gradual ascents (and stunning views!!)

      This will be a fully self-supported bike tour. Each rider is responsible for own provisions for the entire trip. There will be no vehicle support.
      We will stop along the route frequently for rests and provisions.
      If you have never experienced loaded bike touring/camping before, please email us and we can help determine if this is an appropriate trip for you.

      There is no charge for participating, just share campsite costs. We will provide a free bike/equipment check session prior to trip for RSVP'd participants. If you have equipment needs, please let us know ASAP.

      RSVP contact:
      Steven Kung - sfnkung [at] gmail [dot] com
      (503) 957-6672
      Please indicate if you are riding the 54- or 32-mile route.

      Our website: www.ExchangeCycleTours.org
      Also on YahooGroups: ExchangeCycleTours

      Your participation, volunteering, and donations are much appreciated.