slightly delayed - Forest Park Phat Tire Fantastic

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2008
      ECT Phat Tire Fantastic

      Sponsored by the Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club. We leave no
      riders behind.

      Get out your phat bikes because we're heading off-road to enjoy the
      'Leaf' Erickson trail. This is our last chance to get in on the trail
      before it becomes mud. I recommend that you have at least 32mm tires
      unless you are very skilled. The trail offers spectacular views of
      downtown Portland and the St Johns Bridge. Be forewarned, there are
      some very steep hills on the way up to Forest Park. We will take a good
      long rest at the trail head in keeping with our motto.
      The trail itself is a shallow climb of 200 ft or so over the 10 mile length.
      Here's the route to Forest Park -
      http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Portland-to-Forest-Park
      Since it's difficult to map the trail use this link -
      http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=686003

      When: Sunday, Sep 21, 2008
      Time: Assemble 10:30 am, Depart 10:45 am
      Start Point: Madison Plaza (underneath east side of Hawthorne Bridge)
      End Point: Madison Plaza (underneath east side of Hawthorne Bridge)
      Distance: 30 miles (5 miles each way to the trail and 10 miles each way
      of trail)
      Pace: Moderate
      Expected Duration: approximately 4 hours
      Forecast: 68 degrees with a 70% chance it won't rain

      Ride Leader and contact information: Aaron Tarfman,
      Aaron(at)yourbodypower(dot)org, 503-334-6091

      ECT is a non-profit organization promoting peace and cultural exchange
      through bicycle touring and bike school operation. We are registered
      with the State of Oregon and we are applying for our 501(c)3 status with
      IRS. Upon receipt of our non-profit status, your donations will be tax
      deductible with a retroactive effective date of 3/29/2007 - our
      incorporation date. Your participation, volunteering, and donations are
      much appreciated. Our website: www.ExchangeCycleTours.org
      <http://www.ExchangeCycleTours.org> <http://www.exchangecycletours.org/>
      Also on YahooGroups: ExchangeCycleTours
      --
      Aaron

      /"No single snowflake claims responsibility for the avalanche."/