Mountain Biking Get-Away to Leavenworth, Washington --Sept 28 through Oct 2nd

  • s2m8r
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2008
      I've been a member of ECT for the past two years, and I have enjoyed
      touring with the group on the local rides here in the Portland area.
      I am planning a trip to Leavenworth, Washington and would like to
      have a few ECT members join me. Here are my description of this Get-
      Away Bicycle Tour in the Mountains of Central Washington:

      In this picturesque area on the eastern slope of the North Cascades,
      originally settled by several Native American tribes, discover the
      beauty and culture of a Bavarian Village in Munich, Germany, while
      staying within a five-hour drive of Portland. We will enjoy mountain
      biking along several established routes, including paved and dirt
      roads as well as single track, with awesome views of the local
      mountain scenery.

      On this somewhat luxurious getaway, our accommodations will include a
      four-star condominium in Leavenworth with all the amenities. We'll
      explore the local mountain roads during the day, enjoy home-cooked
      meals at the condo upon our return, than experience a true-to-life
      Bavarian Alpine Village in the evenings.

      There is room for four or five participants for this cultural bicycle
      vacation experience. The dates are from Sunday, September 28th until
      Thursday, October 2nd with departure at 10:00am Sunday, and arrival
      back in Portland before 6:00pm on Thursday. The leader will provide
      the condo at no charge, with transportation available for the price
      of gas, and home-cooking for the cost of the food.

      So if you have some vacation time available and you'd like to
      experience a trip to the cultural and scenic equivalent of an Alpine
      Village in Germany, RSVP to Mark at the e-mail address shown below.
      We will schedule a time during the week of September 22nd when we can
      meet all of the participants and discuss the details of the trip, as
      well as coordinate a rendezvous location for our departure on Sunday
      morning. As always, we will leave no rider behind! Be sure to
      reserve your space now!

      Leader: Mark Manson
      E-mail: s2m8r@...
      Routes: To Be Determined