Bikes For Humanity Project Proposal Accepted by Umbrella for Fiscal Sponsorship

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2008
      Dear Volunteers & Supporters of ECT:

      Today, ECT's Bikes For Humanity (BfH) project proposal officially received fiscal sponsorship from Umbrella, a Portland based tax-exempt 501c3 non-profit organization.

      This sponsorship enables BfH to raise funds via public donations and grants to support events where donated bicycles will be refurbished and made available to cyclists according to their economic abilities, all in an effort to reuse bicycles and enable more riders. All donations for BfH through Umbrella will be tax-deductible.

      In the coming months, we hope to start rolling out plans for fund-raising and BfH event creation.

      On behalf of ECT's board of directors, I sincerely thank all the support you have given ECT since our inception in late 2005, and I look forward to your future participation and support in making Bikes For Humanity a successful on-going community service project.

      Steven