Lost in the West Hills Ride - Sunday Sept 14

  • htappy2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2008
      Hi Everyone!

      Sorry for this last minute ride posting, but I noticed Sunday had no
      ride scheduled, and I'd like to ride to Tigard on Sunday! No, really!
      I just got a job in Tigard and need to test out a route from Sellwood,
      so I thought in honor of the BTA's Commute Challenge month, I'd invite
      others who might be curious as to how the heck to get over the West
      Hills and into Tigard, by bike! So if you live down deep in southern
      SE (Brooklyn, Sellwood, Woodstock) , or Milwaukee, and want to commute
      to southern Beaverton/north Tigard, here's your chance! Or if you just
      want to come along for the heck of it, it should be a good workout
      climbin that big ol' hill with an entertaining cast of ECT characters.
      We'll stop for picnic lunch (byo) somewhere along the Fanno Creek
      trail and ride along that lovely multi-use path. There will be the
      option to take the MAX back downtown, or others of sturdier stock can
      ride back to town.

      Here's the lowdown:

      Departure: 10:30am from Madison Plaza under the
      Hawthorne Bridge
      Distance: 15 miles with MAX option, 20ish with no MAX
      Forecast: who cares!
      Route:http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Sellwood-Tigard-Beaverton-MAX
      Ride Leader: Heather Williams

      Hope to see y'all there!
      Heather
    • heather williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2008
        One more thing! We should be back in town in time to ride to
        Laurelhurst park for the Shiftnic from 2-5.

        -Heather