Re: [ExchangeCycleTours] bike rentals for next week?

  • Stephanie Routh
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2008
      there's a guy that has started a Bike Library, but i forget his
      contact information. will try to get. his name's Bill, originally
      from Arcata.
      also Waterfront Cycles has a small fleet of rentals.
      is that what you were looking for?

      best,
      -s

      --
      steph routh
      www.umbrellastreets.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2008
        On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:21:45AM -0700, Stephanie Routh wrote:
        > there's a guy that has started a Bike Library, but i forget his
        > contact information. will try to get. his name's Bill, originally
        > from Arcata.
        > also Waterfront Cycles has a small fleet of rentals.
        > is that what you were looking for?

        I'll talk to Waterfront today. I think form a logistics and effort
        point of view sending conference goers to waterfront may be the easiest
        thing to do.

        Thanks for all the advice!

        My next questions will be recommendations of easy PDX tour rides to
        take folks on. I'm currently thinking about doing the esplanade and
        part of the spring water path.

        --mgross

        > best,
        > -s
        >
        > On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:15 PM, mark gross <mark@...> wrote:
        > > I'm helping with some organizing for the Linux Plumbers conference
        > > http://linuxplumbersconf.org/ that's next week and I was wondering if
        > > anyone had ideas for bike rental options we can offer the folks coming
        > > to the conference.
        > >
        > > I'm told that about 60 people indicated that they would be interested
        > > in bike rental opportunities. I don't know how many of those actually
        > > *really* would rent a bike. However; is there an opportunity for ECT
        > > or anyone else to make some money renting out some of those fixer
        > > upper bikes for a few days?
        > >
        > > thanks for any advice or recommendations on what we can do.
        > >
        > > --mgross

        > --
        > steph routh
        > www.umbrellastreets.org

      • itsmesisterelle
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2008
          Springwater Corridor toward Boring would be AWESOME : ) I live near
          Woodstock. It would be cool to start early, too..since there will be
          too many riders later. THanks! : )
          Elle-
          --- In ExchangeCycleTours@yahoogroups.com, mark gross <mark@...>