ECT Slow & Easy "Old Apple Tree Park" Ride, Saturday, Aug 30

  • Severt Lawyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2008
      ECT Slow & Easy "Old Apple Tree Park" Ride

      Sponsored by the Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club. We leave no
      riders behind.

      The Old Apple Tree, planted in 1826 in Vancouver, Washington, is
      thought to be the oldest apple tree in the northwest. Along the way
      we will be taking in bicycle paths along the Columbia Slough, Smith
      Lake, the Columbia River, and Fort Vancouver.

      This ride is ideal for anybody looking for a ride set at more relaxed
      pace and will be routed using streets with bike lanes, bike paths,
      and/or minimal automotive traffic. We leave nobody behind!

      The ride will end at the Expo Center Transit Center for those wishing
      to take the light rail back into town but the ride leader will be
      bicycling back to the start point and all riders are welcome to join
      in on that return trip if they wish.

      When: Saturday, Aug 30, 2008
      Time: Assemble 11:00 am, Depart 11:10 am
      Start Point: Madison Plaza (underneath east side of Hawthorne Bridge)
      End Point: Expo Center Transit Center
      Distance: 15 miles
      Pace: Easy - pace set at speed of slowest rider
      Expected Duration: 3 hours
      Forecast: 75 degrees, mostly sunny

      Ride Leader and contact information: Severt Lawyer,
      wsevert(at)gmail(dot)com, 503-234-7778

      ECT is a non-profit organization promoting peace and cultural exchange
      through bicycle touring and bike school operation. We are registered
      with the State of Oregon and we are applying for our 501(c)3 status
      with IRS. Upon receipt of our non-profit status, your donations will
      be tax deductible with a retroactive effective date of 3/29/2007 -
      our incorporation date.

      Your participation, volunteering, and donations are much appreciated.

      Our website: www.ExchangeCycleTours.org
      Also on YahooGroups: ExchangeCycleTours