ECT Slow & Easy "I'm Going to the Fat" Ride

  • Severt Lawyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2008
      ECT Slow & Easy "I'm Going to the Fat" Ride

      Sponsored by the Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club. We leave no
      riders behind.

      We will be taking a leisurely ride that meanders down the Eastbank
      Esplanade, across the Steele Bridge, on to the PSU campus, and back to
      Waterfront Park on the way to the Tour de Fat. Both the ECT ride and
      the Tour de Fat are free although the Tour de Fat will ask for, but
      not require, a $5 donation.

      New Belgium's Tour de Fat is a family friendly event benefiting the
      Bicycle Transportation Alliance and will feature a bicycle parade and
      performances by Paper Bird, March Fourth Marching Band, and the
      Sprockettes. The parade starts at 11 am and all participants are
      allowed to register to be in the parade. Ideal for young riders and
      their parents, children being towed in trailers, or anybody else
      looking for a ride set at a more relaxed pace, this ride will be
      routed using streets with bike lanes and/or minimal automotive
      traffic. We leave nobody behind!

      When: Saturday, Aug 16, 2008
      Time: Assemble 10:00 am, Depart 10:10 am
      Start Point: Madison Plaza (underneath east side of Hawthorne Bridge)
      End Point: Waterfront Park
      Distance: 10 miles
      Pace: Easy - pace set at speed of slowest rider
      Expected Duration: 2 hrs
      Forecast: Hot - 98+ degrees

      Ride Leader and contact information: Severt Lawyer,
      wsevert(at)gmail(dot)com, 503-234-7778

      ECT is a non-profit organization promoting peace and cultural exchange
      through bicycle touring and bike school operation. We are registered
      with the State of Oregon and we are applying for our 501(c)3 status
      with IRS. Upon receipt of our non-profit status, your donations will
      be tax deductible with a retroactive effective date of 3/29/2007 -
      our incorporation date.

      Your participation, volunteering, and donations are much appreciated.

      Our website: www.ExchangeCycleTours.org
      Also on YahooGroups: ExchangeCycleTours