Lava Camping trip update

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2008
      Hey folks;
      Here's an update on the Labor Day -Lava Canyon camping trip.
      So far most of the people who have signed up are interested in being
      team-hardcare which means biking to the Battle Ground area on Friday
      afternoon, staying overnight at John's parents house, and biking to Mt
      St Helens early Saturday morning.
      If you are interested in team hardcore, don't worry. I'll work out a
      meeting time at Expo Center on Friday Aug. 29th.
      For those who are interested in getting a ride out to Battle Ground,
      please let me know as soon as possible so that we can coordinate vehicle
      logistics.
      The elevation in Battle Ground is 300ft and the elevation of Marble
      Mountain Snowpark is 2650 ft.
      I also looked at the elevation of Cougar, Wa and that's 500ft. So it's
      definitely going to be challenging to ride up the mountain 2000ft and
      get to Marble Mountain Snow Park in a reasonable time (and even there we
      would have to go 2 miles or so to get past the road washout)
      I think that it would behoove us to get a ride somehow to at least
      Cougar. If everyone wants to be in team hardcore, could we get a lift
      from your parents house to Cougar?
      So far there are 5 people interested including us. So one vehicle may
      be possible.
      I welcome your thoughts and input

      --
      Aaron