Re: Please voice your support for the Springwater Corridor in Clackamas County!

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hey there;
      There is a survey for Oregonians to hear feedback on several
      improvements throughout Oregon (you can select different regions). If
      you take this survey and click on the clackamas section there are two
      proposals which are very important to Portland cyclists.
      For those of you who have followed the news at the far end of the
      Springwater Trail you have seen that the trail ends at an unpaved
      corridor which puts users on a two-lane road with no shoulder. There are
      two projects up for vote. One of them is an extension of the trail from
      SE 267th ave to downtown Boring (it might not seem exciting, but the
      trail is gorgeous and it makes trips to Estacada and Sandy much more
      pleasant). The second is an extension of the trail beyond Boring to
      Barton (and there's great camping at Barton Park).
      So imagine with this trail completed you could take a camping trip and
      not travel on any arterials from downtown Portland to the park.
      The second project which I support is the Crown Zellerbach Trail (don't
      know where the name came from) which would provide a trail connection
      from Vernonia to Scapoose. If you haven't been on the Scapoose-Vernonia
      Hwy there's a fantastic trail that only goes for a couple miles
      alongside and it's very quiet and fun (great blackberry picking too)
      Of course feel free to support whatever projects you like, but I
      encourage you to share your input
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=OhAnaQVGfedm9vEx8TTomQ_3d_3d

      Aaron
      BodyPower! <http://www.yourbodypower.org>
      /"No single snowflake claims responsibility for the avalanche."/