ECT Slow & Easy Ride, Sun, Jul 27, 2008

  • Severt Lawyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 10:56 AM
      ECT "Slow & Easy" Ride, Sunday, Jul 27, 2008

      Sponsored by the Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club. We leave no
      riders behind.

      Ideal for young riders and their parents, children being towed in
      trailers, or anybody else looking for a ride set at a leisurely pace,
      this ride will be almost entirely on bike paths with no automotive
      traffic. We will ride south along the Springwater Corridor along the
      Willamette, through the Sellwood area, across the 3 Bridges and on out
      to Tideman Johnson Park.

      Forecast: AM clouds, PM sun, high of 77 degrees
      Starting point: Madison Plaza (underneath east side of Hawthorne Bridge)
      Ending point: Madison Plaza (This ride will return to the starting point)
      Assemble: 11:00 am
      Depart: 11:10 am

      Distance: 12 miles.
      Expected Duration: 2-3 hours
      Pace: Easy - pace will be set at the speed of the slowest rider, no
      rider left behind

      Route Description: south on Springwater Corridor, east on Umatilla,
      south on 9th, east on Linn, continued east on Springwater Corridor to
      Tideman Johnson Park

      Route Map: Unavailable at this time because I couldn't figure out how
      to locate the new file name for routes drawn on Bikely.com but feel
      free to call me if you'd like to meet us somewhere along the route.

      Ride Leader and contact information: Severt Lawyer, wsevert@...,
      503-234-7778

      ECT is a non-profit organization promoting peace and cultural exchange
      through bicycle touring and bike school operation. We are registered
      with the State of Oregon and we are applying for our 501(c)3 status
      with IRS. Upon receipt of our non-profit status, your donations will
      be tax deductible with a retroactive effectivity date of 3/29/2007 -
      our incorporation date.

      Your participation, volunteering, and donations are much appreciated.

      Our website: www.ExchangeCycleTours.org
      Also on YahooGroups: ExchangeCycleTours