Lazy Daze Picnic on the River, Sunday July 13

  • htappy2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2008
      Ladies and gentleman, this Sunday dust off those parasols and straw
      boaters for an old-timey picnic on the river bank! If you're looking
      to spend a lazy sultry Sunday lounging by the river instead of riding
      a few hundred miles from Seattle (those folks definitely one sandwich
      short of a picnic), join us for a relaxed ride down to Cross Park on
      the Clackamas in Gladstone. Bring a picnicky dish to share, as well as
      utensils. Also bring your swimming costume! We'll spend a few hours
      lazing about, and I'll plan on heading back towards the Springwater
      before supper time for those that want some company on the return trip.

      Starting point: Madison Plaza (Eastbank Esplanade & SE Madision)
      Depart: 1:00 pm
      Forecast: Sultry
      Distance: 12 miles (one way)
      Climbing: one hill going up River Rd

      Route map:
      http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/ECT-Lazy-Daze-Bike-to-Picnic

      Ride Leader and contact information:

      Heather Williams
      ptownpeach [ at] gmail [dot ] com
      503.504.9294

      Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club and Bike School
      http://www.exchangecycletours.org <http://www.exchangecycletours.org>