Max Headwind's poem of the month

  • Charles Kuttner
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2007
      under my nom de plume, Max Headwind

      Consumerism

       In the long dark days, the catalogs arrive
       with shiny new bikes that tempt the eye
       and the wallet, the body feeling feet
       on new pedals on a new chain

       But in reality, going up hills
       it's the same old body
       or really, an older one
       and what I really need
       and miss and want

       is to find and make the time I used to
       to ride those same roads
       with my same friends
       or even new roads and new friends

      ------
      wishing you all the best for the New Year....
      chas
      --
      Charles Kuttner, MD
      Portland, OR

      Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.