Send-Off Party for Amanda: Jan. 2nd, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2007
      Many of us know Amanda Hsu for her Taiwanese Cultural Information Booth at various community events, her participation on ECT rides and gatherings, her volunteering in the community, and her loving open-arms hospitality to everyone she meets.

      Amanda has completed her Master Degree in Teaching English as Second Language at PSU, and she is returning to Taiwan to be reunited with her family. She will depart 1st week of Jan. 2008.

      While we are sad to see Amanda leave Portland, we know she is connected with all of us through the bond of cycling and community-building. She has often spoke of helping ECT with future tours in Taiwan. I am sure in the very near future, ECT will have that opportunity to be reunited with Amanda in her home town.

      Please join us in a gathering to celebrate Amanda's graduation, bid farewell, and let her know how much we love her and will miss her.

      When: Wed. Jan. 2nd, 2008. 7pm

      Where: Brooklyn House. 4038 SE Brooklyn St. Portland

      What: Potluck - Bring something to share

      I would like to put together a slide show of pictures of Amanda in ECT rides and events. If you have special photos you would like to share, please send pointers to me. (I will also search through our archives.)

      Thanks!
      Steven
      email: sfnkung at gmail dot com