Sunday 12/16 ECT Group Rides - Discovery Trail (Vancouver, WA)

  • Brad Reber
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2007
      Sunday 12/16 ECT Group Rides - Discovery Trail (Vancouver, WA)

      Who says Portland has all the best bike paths? Let's ride to the
      'Couve and discover the Discovery Trail. As an added bonus, this
      route takes us over BOTH Columbia River crossings. Pack some snacks
      and let's go visit our neighbors to the North!

      Sponsored by the Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club
      We leave no riders behind.

      Forecast: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs 40 to 45.

      Both groups start from Madison Plaza (Eastbank Esplanade & SE
      Madision)

      Meet: 10:00AM
      Ride: 10:15AM

      Easy Group:
      Distance: 24.6 miles
      Eastbank, Rose Qtr, MAX Lightrail to Expo Center. Meet intermediate
      group at the Delta Park. Ride ends at Gateway TC.
      Route Map:
      http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Discovery-Trail-easy

      Intermediate Group:
      Distance: 39.5 miles.
      Route Map:
      http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Discovery-Trail-intermediate

      Our Club Ride General Guidelines/Info:

      Contact:
      Brad Reber, madcat545[at]gmail[.]com (503)-766-3328
      Steven Kung, info[at]ExchangeCycleTours[.]org (503)957-6672
      Aaron Tarfman, aaron[at]yourbodypower[.]org (503)334-6091
    • Brad Reber
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2007
        Here are a few pics from Sunday's Discovery Trail ride. Matt had a
        blowout before the ride but managed to catch up with us just as we
        were getting on the trail. This is fortunate because we otherwise
        would have never learned about the exciting sport of "Bike
        Fishing". :)

        http://picasaweb.google.com/reber221/ECTDiscoveryTrailRide