Dec. 15th gift exchange and folk singing

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2007
      Hey all;
      Next week's event calendar for the Brooklyn house is more festive and
      less bike-centric (sorry it happens occasionally).
      We will be having a gift swap and then a folk singing gathering.

      Saturday Dec. 15th at 5pm - Holiday gift swap.
      Do you have a great thingamabob in your closet that you haven't used in
      months, but you know that someone would just love it? Do you have great
      artistic skills and want to make a beautiful creation for someone you've
      never met? Do you need to clean out that back closet?
      Any and all items are appreciated preferably items in good condition.
      We will trade gifts to share for the Hanakwanzmas festivities.

      Saturday Dec. 15th 7pm - Folk singing get-together
      Do you have some folk songs to share? Do you want to learn more great
      songs? Bring your voice, your favorite songs, and an instrument,
      tambourine, or just something to make rhythm with. We'll sing beautiful
      songs and chase the winter shadows away.
      I'll be sharing songs from The Kingston Trio, Dar Williams, The Seekers,
      and others. You can find many of these talents on youtube.
      Hope you'll join us on Saturday.

      4038 SE Brooklyn Street
      Directions by bike - travel east on Clinton past 39th avenue. Turn
      right onto 41st and follow the arrows left on Woodward and right on
      43rd. Turn right again onto Brooklyn and go to the bottom of the hill.
      Directions by bus - take the #9 to 39th and powell then walk north on
      39th to Brooklyn or take the #75 to Clinton and walk down 39th to Brooklyn
      http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1438790

      --
      Aaron Tarfman
      Transportation Diplomat

      "It's amazing to me that people can save $7000 a year by making a
      /single/ lifestyle change."
    • Jerryberry48
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2007
        Hi Aaron, I would have enjoyed joining you but will be
        involved with the Wintersong concert being put on by
        my choir at St Mary's Cathedral instead. Have a great
        time and have a great party. Jerry

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs