Results of the Lake Oswego Holiday Bike Drive

  • matt picio
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
      We're still awaiting the final count, but overall this year's Lake Oswego
      Holiday Bike Drive collection was a resounding success!

      We had at least 15 volunteers at the two collection sites - the Lake Grove
      Albertson's in Lake Oswego and Athey Creek Middle School in West Linn.
      Volunteers from Exchange Cycle Tours, the Community Cycling Center, and
      parents and scouts from Troops 2574 and 2611 of the Columbia River Council
      of the Girl Scouts collected an estimated 240 bikes - twice the number of
      bicycles collected last year! These bicycles will be used to support the
      programs of CCC and ECT, and those that cannot be used will be responsibly
      recycled.

      Many thanks to the volunteers that put in long hours during this event in
      difficult weather conditions, breaking down and transporting the bikes,
      tireless effort, this would not have been possible. Thanks also to Athey
      Creek Middle School and the CRC (especially thank you Hemakshi and Rohisha
      Adke), and to Greg Bowen, manager of the Lake Oswego Albertson's, for
      providing the space to collect and process the bikes.

      Thank you all for a job well done!

      -matt picio
      executive director
      Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club and Bike School
      (Exchange Cycle Tours)
      http://www.exchangecycletours.org
      503.781.5095
    • Brad Reber