Austin Hot Springs Trip

  • Matt Picio
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007
      Low tonight here in Portland is 39 degrees. It's likely to be in the low
      40's when we meet at and leave the ECT house - dress accordingly. Hat,
      balaclava, long-fingered gloves, whatever you need.

      Weather on Saturday up the Clackamas is forecast to be sunny with a high of
      61. We'll start out with a crosswind but after midday it should be a
      7-10mph tailwind. Saturday night is partly cloudy, low around 37, WNW wind
      of 7-10mph. Wind will likely pick up around sunset when we camp, and it's
      likely to be magnified a bit due to the river canyon effect.

      Sunday is forecast to be mostly sunny, high near 58. We'll be fighting a
      5-10mph headwind the whole way back, but it'll be mostly downhill. One
      report I read had a 30% chance of showers. While rain is unlikely, it'd be
      wise to have a rain layer handy, just in case.

      I will be leaving route information with a couple people here in the
      Portland area in case we run into unexpected problems.

      If anyone is interested in bringing firewood along for a campfire, let me
      know.

      -matt p