Hot springs camping

  • earthscope
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
      A few other suggestions for 'roughing it' near the hot springs would
      be to bring a hot water bottle (which can be picked up at any drug
      store). You can fill this with hot springs water and keep it in your
      sleeping bag.
      Be sure to bring cold weather riding clothes including ear warmers,
      booties, an extra layer for the legs, and two pairs of thin gloves.
      We will coordinate cooking items as well. You will want to have a
      fork/knife set and a plate for food.
      Be sure to have plenty of batteries for your lights since it will get
      dark by 6:00pm.
      It should be a great time.
    • Matt Picio
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
        There are very limited opportunities for foraging firewood, so if we want to
        build a campfire, we'll need to bring wood with us. Steven, if you (or
        anyone else) have any firewood, we can divvy the load up among everyone
        going.

        I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love to have a campfire. (oh, and
        I'm feeling better, so I'm planning on going)

        -matt p

        A few other suggestions for 'roughing it' near the hot springs would
        be to bring a hot water bottle (which can be picked up at any drug
        store). You can fill this with hot springs water and keep it in your
        sleeping bag.
        Be sure to bring cold weather riding clothes including ear warmers,
        booties, an extra layer for the legs, and two pairs of thin gloves.
        We will coordinate cooking items as well. You will want to have a
        fork/knife set and a plate for food.
        Be sure to have plenty of batteries for your lights since it will get
        dark by 6:00pm.
        It should be a great time.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Brad Reber