2007 Providence Bridge Pedal - Volunteer & Ride Free - Sunday Aug. 12th

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2007
      Dear ECT Riders,

      Please join me and other ECT participants in volunteering to support
      this annual fundraiser benefiting the Providence Heart and Vascular
      Institute and the Bicycle Transportation Alliance. This is a Portland
      signature bike-ride event that draws cyclists from around the country.
      It's a once-a-year chance to ride on many of the Porland bridges that
      are usually closed to bicycles.

      Last year we volunteered early in the morning at the Registration
      Booth then rode the 6-Bridges Ride together for free at 9:30am.

      You get free breakfast, T-shirt, and other goodies at the Finish.

      Here is the link to the Volunteer webpage:

      http://www.providence.org/oregon/events/bridge_pedal/volunteers.htm

      This year for those wishing to ride longer, we can regroup at the
      Finish and ride to another destination.

      I hope to see you there!

      Steven
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2007
        Dear ECT Riders,

        I have spoken to Bridge Pedal volunteer coordinators.

        They will hold 6 spots open for ECT volunteers....***BUT ONLY UNTIL***
        this Thursday (7/19) evening, that will guarantee we can ride the
        8-Bridges Course starting about 9:15 am.

        These spots are going fast so you must go online to register to
        volunteer as an "ECT Volunteer" BEFORE this Thursday evening.

        How:
        1. Goto: http://www.providence.org/oregon/events/bridge_pedal/volunteers.htm

        2. After filling out the online form, in the field "How many times
        have you previously volunteered for Bridge Pedal? If yes, when and
        where?" please add the words "ECT Volunteer".

        3. You should receive follow-up email with volunteer instructions.

        The ECT Volunteer positions will meet at the west side of Ross Island
        Bridge then spread out along Hwy 43. We will meet after 9am when our
        shift is finished to ride the 8-Bridges Course.

        ECT Volunteer shift time is from 6 am - 9 am.

        Free breakfast, Free T-shirt and everything else registered
        participants receive.

        Of course there are also many other volunteer positions available, but
        not all of them allow you to ride the course.

        Hope to see you there!

        Steven