Fwd: Hottest Day of the Year Ride - Volunteer and RIDE FOR FREE - Sunday Aug. 5th

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2007
      Dear ECT Riders,

      I invite you to join me in participating/volunteering in this
      fundraiser event sponsored by the Community Cycling Center (CCC).
      There are still many volunteer spots open that let you enjoy the event
      for free while supporting the worthwile community service the CCC
      brings.

      I have registered online for the 40-mile Ride-Along Mechanic volunteer
      task. It was very easy, took just a few minutes.

      I hope to see many of you at the Hottest Day of the Year Ride!

      Steven

      >From: "Neal Armstrong" <neal@...>
      >To: shift@...

      Come support the Community Cycling Center with a bike ride event you will
      never forget. The Hottest Day of the Year Ride, on Sunday, August 5th, is a
      fun bike ride that begins in NW and covers two courses, a family-friendly
      15-mile ride and a 40-miler for more experienced riders. The finish line
      rewards riders with a cool make-your-own sundae bar and a gigantic
      good-natured water fight that will attempt to make the world record for
      largest water fight ever recorded.

      We need over 120 volunteers to make this ride a success for the 1500
      participants. Volunteer positions include: registration, rest stop, course
      marking, lunchtime duties, bike parking, and MANY MORE! Many of the
      volunteer positions will allow you to ride the event for free.

      **N*OT EVERY VOLUNTEER POSITION GETS TO RIDE THE EVENT. Please see the
      website for details*

      To Volunteer: Go to http://www.hottestdayride.com/volunteer.html
      Review the volunteer position information and then click the Red "Register
      Now" button.

      To Register for the Ride: http://www.hottestdayride.com

      The Community Cycling Center, founded in 1994, helps build skills and foster
      personal development of youth and adults through community-oriented
      educational and recreational bicycle programs and services.

      We refurbish donated bicycles and redirect them for use in programs and our
      neighborhood bike shop.
      Please visit us at
      www.CommunityCyclingCenter.org<http://www.communitycyclingcenter.org>