Re: Multnomah Falls - Larch Mtn Bike and Hike, Sat, July 14

  • Severt Lawyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2007
      Note: The exterior of my house is in the process of being painted and
      the painters may be out again in the morning before the ride starts so
      please be careful that you don't get paint on yourself or your bike as
      you come up the sidewalk.

      Sugata and I will be making a bike and hike trip this coming
      Saturday to Multnomah Falls and on up to Sherrard Point atop Larch
      Mtn. If you've never been there, the view is stunning! For anybody who
      wishes to join us we will be leaving at 8:00 am from my place at 8418
      1/2 SE 60th. You are more than welcome to drop in at 7:30 am for
      coffee or tea before we leave if you'd like.

      The pace will be moderate but keep in mind that the ride will be
      approximately 60 miles total and the hike will be 13.6 miles with an
      elevation gain of over 4,000 ft. It is an up and back hike so anyone
      feeling too pooped to make it to the top can simply pick a nice shady
      try to relax under and wait for us as we come back down the trail.
      Also, on the ride out there and back we'll be passing through the
      Cleveland Ave MAX station in case somebody would like to shorten their
      bicycling mileage.

      If you have any questions you can contact me at 503-234-7778.
      This is not an ECT sponsored event nor a supported ride so bring
      plenty of liquid refreshment and something to eat. We will be passing
      some convenience stores along the way. If you'd like to see what it
      looks like at the top rather than leaving it as a surprise, you can
      view a 360 degree panoramic view at the url below although I
      personally don't think it does it justice.

      http://virtualguidebooks.com/Oregon/PortlandColumbiaGorge/CrownPoint/SherrardPointLarchMtn.html

      Severt