Multnomah Falls - Larch Mtn Bike and Hike, Sat, July 14

  • Severt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2007
      Sugata and I will be making a bike and hike trip this coming Saturday to Multnomah
      Falls and on up to Sherrard Point atop Larch Mtn. If you've never been there, the view is
      stunning! For anybody who wishes to join us we will be leaving at 8:00 am from my place
      at 8418 1/2 SE 60th. You are more than welcome to drop in at 7:30 am for coffee or tea
      before we leave if you'd like.

      The pace will be moderate but keep in mind that the ride will be approximately 60
      miles total and the hike will be 13.6 miles with an elevation gain of over 4,000 ft. It is an
      up and back hike so anyone feeling too pooped to make it to the top can simply pick a
      nice shady try to relax under and wait for us as we come back down the trail. Also, on the
      ride out there and back we'll be passing through the Cleveland Ave MAX station in case
      somebody would like to shorten their bicycling mileage.

      If you have any questions you can contact me at 503-234-7778. This is not an ECT
      sponsored event nor a supported ride so bring plenty of liquid refreshment and something
      to eat. We will be passing some convenience stores along the way. If you'd like to see
      what it looks like at the top rather than leaving it as a surprise, you can view a 360 degree
      panoramic view at the url below although I personally don't think it does it justice.

      http://virtualguidebooks.com/Oregon/PortlandColumbiaGorge/CrownPoint/
      SherrardPointLarchMtn.html

      Severt
    • Severt Lawyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2007
        Note: The exterior of my house is in the process of being painted and
        the painters may be out again in the morning before the ride starts so
        please be careful that you don't get paint on yourself or your bike as
        you come up the sidewalk.