July 8th Forest Park Ride

  • earthscope
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 2:28 PM
      Sunday 7/8 ECT Forest Park Ride
      Sponsored by the Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club
      (We now carry insurance for our Sponsored Events!!)

      Please join us this Sunday 7/8/2007 for a scenic ride to Forest Park.
      We will take a short loop through downtown and the South Waterfront to
      check out the new bike-friendly facilities there. Then we will head
      up NW Upshur to Forest Park. The easy ride will terminate at the
      Forest Parking lot (under the Thurman St bridge) and return downtown.
      The Intermediate Ride will take a longer loop up to the Leif Erickson
      trail. It's recommended that you have at least 30mm (1 1/8") tires
      for the trail.
      http://www.yourbodypower.org/trans-options/virt-tour/route-forestpark.htm

      Starting Location: Madison Plaza - Eastbank Esplanade just north of
      the Hawthorned Bridge

      Assemble Time - 11:00 AM
      Departure Time - 11:15 AM

      Forecast: 80 deg high, partly cloudy.
      Total Distance: 12 - 15 miles
      Elevation Gain: 2200 - 2300 Ft.
      Route Map:
      http://www.yourbodypower.org/trans-options/virt-tour/route-forestpark.htm

      Pace: Easy/Intermediate Group Ride. No one left behind.

      Pack a snack/lunch or money to purchase food.

      Ride Leader Contact: Aaron Tarfman (503)334-6091, aaron [at]
      yourbodypower [dot] org

      We are a non-profit organization promoting peace and cultural
      exchange through bicycle touring and bike school operation. We are
      registered with the State of Oregon and we are applying for our 501
      (c)
      3 status with IRS. Upon receipt of our non-profit status, your
      donations will be tax deductible with a retroactive effectivity date
      of 3/29/2007 - our incorporation date.

      Your participation, volunteering, and donations are much appreciated.

      Our website: www.ExchangeCycleTours.org

      Also on YahooGroups: ExchangeCycleTours

      For Bicycle Tune-Up Classes, please email:
      info [at] exchangecycletours [dot] org