FW: Calling All Holiday Bike Drive Volunteers

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006
      The Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club/Bike School had a great Lake
      Oswego Bike Drive in partnership with the Community Cycling Center (CCC)
      this last Saturday. We collected 117 bikes total.

      Two local bike shops, Performance Bike and GI Joe's, provided new bike
      discount coupons to donors. Volunteers from Lake Oswego School District,
      City of Lake Oswego, Lake Oswego High School and Jr High School, Wells Fargo
      Bank, Bank of America, and Lake Oswego Review helped getting the word out to
      the community. Lake Grove Albertson's generously donated their storefront
      for the collection effort.

      ECT volunteers Tina Whitney, Evan Burgad (+Friend), Gram Shipley, and Aaron
      Tarfman were onsite to help prep and clean the bikes. Marc DeGere worked on
      a flyer design, Kevin Macquoid and Birger Olsen helped with the promo
      packets. Big Thanks to you all (and anyone who volunteered but I have
      forgotten to mention)!!

      The CCC will be giving away 600 free bikes and helmets to kids in the
      Portland and Vancouver communities this Sunday and the next.

      I am going to volunteer as a mechanic at this Sunday's event at Legacy
      Emmanuel Hospital, and I will ask my teenage daughters if they can help out
      too. The CCC needs more volunteers for both Sunday events and if you think
      you can volunteer for a shift, please read the information below and...

      1. Select the date, shift, and role you would like to volunteer for,

      2. Email me, "info@..." *AND* Neal Armstrong of the CCC,
      "neal@..." of your selection.

      3. Show up for your shift and have a great time helping kids receive their
      free bikes, helmets, and rider safety training.

      4. Please note Neal's request to not forward the location and times of the
      events to parties outside of our organization. The CCC has a rigorous
      process of selecting qualified low-income families/children to receive these
      bikes and would like not to have unregistered individuals at the events
      hoping to receive bikes.

      Our Sunday Club Ride this week, 12/10/06, will be just an easy ride from
      Madison Plaza to Legacy Emmanuel Hospital where the Bike Give-Away event
      will be. I will post ride details in a separate email.

      Hope you can join us!