Hwy14 Washougal By-pass for ECT's Sunday 11/19 Ride

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2006
      Club member Scott Brown suggested a scenic and safer Highway-14 by-pass for
      our Sunday Beacon Rock ride.

      It takes us along scenic Washougal River avoiding some of the narrow, steep,
      and high traffic sections of Hwy14.

      Here is the gmap for the by-pass, derived from cue sheet courtesy of Jim
      O'Horo of the Portland Wheelmen Touring Club (www.PWTC.com):

      http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=544835

      It also replaces the 800-ft-over-2.5-miles climb at Cape Horn with a
      gentaller 730-ft-over-7.5-mile rise. It only adds 3 miles to the original
      all-Hwy14 route.

      Many thanks to Scott and Jim for the route suggestion!!

      Jim also has been leading a scenic Columbia Gorge 4-day bike tour with
      excellent route planning. Scott has a great tour journal for the 2006 trip
      at:

      http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/1635

      We hope we can enjoy Jim's trip route and itinerary in the very near future!

      Cheers!
      Steven

      Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends
      list.