Re:Community Cycle Repair Clinic, 11/11/2006, 12:00 pm

  • digger
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2006
      Hiya -

      YEA!  WE WON!!

      Now to bike action! - Have a generic Mountain bike my friend sold me.  The frame was bent where the rear "derailer?" was smashed and mangled.  Was able to get it close with my big wrench, but have a 5 speed hub and would prefer a 7 speed on 26" wheel.

      The cables are sticky and need replaced - love those cable loppers you have - and the brakes work poorly (sticky and no stopping action when engaged).

      Have a good gear in the rear, and stiff "Twist Shift" for two more in the front.  Lots of adjustment, and a few parts would be useful to make for more riding enjoyment.

      Still have refreshments?

      Peace OUT!    -  "digs"