8/19-8/20 Trillium Lake Camping Bike Trip

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      The Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club is going on an over-nighter
      camping trip at Trillium Lake, just SE of Mount Hood pass Government Camp,
      on 8/19 & 8/20 (Saturday & Sunday).

      Trillium Lake has amazing views of Mount Hood summit over its waters, it is
      a non-motorboat lake with plenty of camp grounds, and it is great for small
      trout fishing & swimming.

      (Photo of Trillium Lake:)
      http://www.ljplus.ru/img2/r/u/rusak_hong_kong/Mount-Hood-from-Trillium-Lake_-Oregon.jpg

      There will be two assembly points, Madison Plaza (Eastbank Esplanade & SE
      Madison), and Gresham Cleveland Ave. MAX station (NE Cleveland Ave. & NE 8th
      St.), for the convenience of riders living on the far east side. Please note
      that car parking at Madison Plaza on Saturdays is not free, as it is free on
      Sundays; the Cleveland Ave. Park & Ride parking is free.

      The group that assembles at Madison Plaza will ride to the Rose Quarter MAX
      station and ride the MAX to Gresham. We will depart for Mt. Hood as a whole
      group from the Gresham Cleveland Ave. MAX station.

      Sat. 8/19/2006

      Madison Plaza Assemble Time: 8:00 AM.
      Madison Plaza Departure Time: 8:15 AM Sharp!!

      We will catch the 8:47AM MAX Blueline train to Gresham (Please prepare train
      fare)

      MAX arrival time at Gresham Cleveland Ave. Station: 9:25 AM

      Gresham Cleveland Ave. Assemble Time: 9:30 AM
      Gresham Cleveland Ave. Departure Time: 9:45 AM

      Detailed Route Map:
      http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=336073

      One-Way Mileage: 43 Miles
      Elevation Gain: 3991 Feet (It will be almost all down hill on return leg!)

      We will camp out at Trillium Lake over-night, return to Gresham on Sunday,
      8/20.

      Each rider will need to carry personal items including clothing, sleeping
      bag, tent (or share tent), and food/water. There are some provisions at
      Government Camp, but not around Trillium Lake.

      There are enclosed bathrooms at the campground and potable running water,
      but no showers, so please prepare accordingly.

      The entire trip will be on paved roads, so road/touring tires are
      appropriate.

      Please read our Club Ride guidelines:

      Additional recommended packing list:

      -Camera (don't forget memory card for digies)
      -Extra batteries
      -Bike Lights
      -Hydration Pack
      -Replacement Spokes for your wheelset (typically 3 different lengths)
      -Toilet Paper/Wet Wipes
      -Ear Plugs !!
      -Swim Wear
      -Knife
      -Hand Soap
      -Quick-dry wipe towel
      -Vacumn-dried meals
      -Fleece Jacket/Pants (Expect cold over-night temps)

      We will have a reasonable set of small tools & replacement brake/shifter
      cables.

      Please RSVP for this event by no later than Sunday, 8/13/2006.

      If you need help getting your bike touring-ready, don't hesitate to visit
      our Community Bike Clinics at:

      Community Exchange Bike School
      2503 SE Division, Portland
      Hours: 9a - 5p M-F, 12p - 3p Sat.